Pools in port & swim diapers?

crucero

Well I have never tested this theory but I would assume yes. The reason that the cruise ships don't allow swim diapers is that they don't use chlorine in their pools to combat any bacteria that may escape the diaper. A pool on shore would use chlorine (I would hope).

I have never been to any land based vacation resorts where they don't allow swim diapers. Most do.

In every chlorinated public or private pool around here, if a child has an "accident", they have to clear the pool, check for contamination and retreat it. This is why many of our pools no longer allow swim diapers because they don't really do much to prevent contamination. So it doesn't really matter if a pool is salt water or chlorinated--the water is contaminated if a child poops in it. Thus if a resort allows swim diapers, it just means that they (and their guests) are taking the additional risk. I think community pools are more health and safety-conscious than resorts.

I've never had a problem at any of the resort pools. If you want to check them out ahead of time, you can ask about which resorts are family friendly on the ports of call boards here, and then check with the hotel directly, but I've not encountered any that have a no swim diaper policy. Enjoy!

Best,

Mia

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but there were no pools at Half Moon Cay that I saw. Only one absolutely GORGEOUS beach! Hope you have a great time!

I had to look it up cause I had no idea what half moon cay was...maybe the OP is referring to this?

Half Moon Lagoon Aqua Park - Enjoy a multi-level water park featuring water-shooting cannons, water-walls, slides, and colorful sea creatures for kids to climb on.

Half Moon Cay is Carnival's private island in the Bahamas. We were planning a beach day there as the photos I have seen are spectacular! I guess I was more interested in the pool at Margaritaville at Grand Turk. And, maybe somewhere in St. Thomas as we have not decided on what to do there. No worries! If they won't let us in the pool we'll go to the beach!:D

Archived