OBC Thanks to reading cruise critic

407dm

THANKS

I was checking new posts and was reading about someone getting an on board credit. I cruise out of galveston on Oct 2.

So I thought that I should check the current prices for this cruise, they looked a little lower. I called the carnival people and sure enough the price had gone down (even though I didn't pay much to start with).

In less than 8 hours they had posted a $90 OBC for me.

woooHooooooooo

this is going to be fun.

.:)

Did you book through Carnival or with a travel agent?

I'm not really sure, one of the members of our group of 24 took care of the arrangements. I kind of think it must have been a TA, because they have not lived up to all the agreed to. We were originally told that we had a price guarantee, and if the price dropped we would receive an OBC. last week the price for an inside guarantee dropped to 859, and we had paid 1099. My group organizer inquired about the OBC and was told we got such a good deal that we would not get anything else. Reminded me of the story about customers verses prospects.

I'm not really sure, one of the members of our group of 24 took care of the arrangements. I kind of think it must have been a TA, because they have not lived up to all the agreed to. We were originally told that we had a price guarantee, and if the price dropped we would receive an OBC. last week the price for an inside guarantee dropped to 859, and we had paid 1099. My group organizer inquired about the OBC and was told we got such a good deal that we would not get anything else. Reminded me of the story about customers verses prospects.

Same thing is happening to us!!! My ta is just horrible!!!! we should get an obc of 140.00!!!! makes me so mad...i called carnival and was told that since i booked with a TA they could not help me....

Wooohooo!!! Me too!:p

We're cruising out of Galveston on Oct. 22nd. My PVP had told me that we got such a great deal that we would not likely get anything else, and that the Conquest rarely drops it price. But after reading the posts yesterday, I went ahead and asked. Sure enough, she gave us a $120 OBC ($60 X 2 cabins).;)

I, too, am curious how to verify this credit on the website. I couldn't see where to do that.:confused:

I booked with the TA gnome and got 2 different price drops... I looked online Monday and sure enough my cruise had dropped 80pp so I called and after being put on hold while they called Carnival I was told I would have an OBC of 160... Yipee!! Well Wednesday I looked again (just for the heck of it) and it had dropped another 20pp... I called again... The CS rep said Carnival normally only does 1 price adj this close to the sail date (we leave Sun:D ) but it never hurts to try he said... Well lo and behold we got an additional 40 OBC... We are up to $200 OBC now... That's a lot of DOD's!!!

Moral of the story- It doesn't hurt to ask...

Beth:)

ETA: I can see my OBC online by looking at my reservations showing the cost of the cruise and the charges to my CC... HTH

I booked this cruise online..

to find out my OBC, I went to carnival website.

Logged in at my member.

went to modify booking.

at the bottom is a box that tells me the cruise rate and misc charges

and booking credit.

Guest one (single cruiser) Paid charges minus the total = 90 dollar OBC

hope this helps.

:)

to find out my OBC, I went to carnival website.

Logged in at my member.

went to modify booking.

at the bottom is a box that tells me the cruise rate and misc charges

and booking credit.

Guest one (single cruiser) Paid charges minus the total = 90 dollar OBC

Did that, mine shows no credits and indicates that I still owe them $200. When my group organizer gave me the final payment amount, I mentioned to him that it was 200 higher than quoted (1199 PP instead of the 1099 he originally mentioned), he said oops, and that he would take care of it. We are also supposed to have a $50 per person OBC, I won't hold my breath. Next time , I get everything in writing!

Archived