Disney Magic 5/5/07

nana&papagotosea

My husband and I are taking our granddaughter, who will be 5 at the time, on the Disney Magic to the Western Caribbean. DH and I have been on three cruises, but this is our first Disney Cruise.

I was wondering if anyone has ever done any of the water excursions with a child who is just learning to swim. She has those arm floaties and is very comfortable with them. I wasn't sure if this was allowed.

She is so excited about the trip, but as of yet does not have the full concept of time. She wants to start packing now, and since I told her about the Pirate night, she is ready for us to get costumes!:D

Thanks for any info!

Karen

Hi,

you do see a few younger kids in the Mickey pool with those plastic arm bands on. At CC on the beach too. Also one of the ears is not really deep, just right for a child who is in between the pool and just splashing in shallow water.

We have had our grandkids at that age, but never did water excursions with them. We did let them play on the beach at CC, but that was all.

Key west has a nice aquarium and a butterfly conservancy too which is good for that age group.

CC has bike riding which has kids bikes, even training wheels if needed, plus helmets. we did this with the little ones.

Hopefully someone else will be able to help you better with water excursions than me.

5 is the perfect age for Disney!! It will all be so Magical for her!!

If you do the character meet and greets, be sure to arrive 10 minutes early or you will have LONG lines. for the princess meets, arrive 15 minutes early or your grandaughter may not get through the line before they go in. Most lines do move right along, but they can get quite long.

Along the way to the beach on CC they will have characters out along the way for pictures. They have almost NO lines and they do move fast, because everyone is in a hurry to get to the beach.

Your Navigator paper will have the times they will be out. This is a great time to stop and see some characters.

Plus keep an eye out in the terminal for characters because they arrive there too while you are waiting to board the ship.

Best tip I can give you, ALWAYS have your camera with you!!! Even at dinner. There are surprises all over the place. You will be glad you had your camera.

mom x4,grandma x4

Thanks for the info. Madison loves the water and I am sure she will want to enjoy that more than most anything else. I know I have plenty of time to canvas info for excursions. And thanks for the tip on bringing the camera at all times!!! I do enjoy having lots of pictures! And my daughter will appreciate seeing as much as possible of Madison on her first cruise.

PPPiglet, we are close to being neighbors! We live in Murrieta, CA in SO. Riverside county. My husband works in Orange County and we have those yearly passes to Disneyland !;)

Karen

Yep...we have the AP's too! Love it there. Also my womens' retreat for my church is in Murrieta every June! My mom use to live close to there in Canyon Lake, but just moved to be closer to us. I also say to carry your camera everywhere. The best thing I ever did was take a million pictures (ok, well only 1003) Great for scrapbooking!

Yep...we have the AP's too! Love it there. Also my womens' retreat for my church is in Murrieta every June! My mom use to live close to there in Canyon Lake, but just moved to be closer to us. I also say to carry your camera everywhere. The best thing I ever did was take a million pictures (ok, well only 1003) Great for scrapbooking!

Good thing I bought that 1gb card to go with the two 512's and 256!!!

We also usually bring our 35mm camera too. Wonder if I should take the video camera. It might be more fun for my daughter.

Karen

[ image]http://www.passporterboards.com/ubb/uploads/1362448-347%253B69699%257Ffp355%253Evq%253D3293%253E6%253B%253A%253E54%253B%253EWSNRCG%253D323499%253C575479vq0mrj.jpg[ /image]

Archived