River cruise at tulip time

joedi

Grand Circle? Tauck? Uniworld? Other?

We're trying to decide which river cruise to take next spring through Holland and Belgium. We used Grand Circle on our only other such cruise (the Seine) and liked it, but some of the others seem to have better itineraries and amenities; e.g., bigger cabins.

We'd appreciate any advice or impressions.

As a frequent visitor to The Netherlands, I want to make sure you know that the primo spot for viewing flowers is Keukenhof Gardens. This bonanza runs from mid-March to mid-May. There are bulb fields pretty much everywhere you go in Holland and I am not sure that a cruise is that efficient for viewing same. It is so easy to rent a car or take the trains (and rent bikes at train stations for trips thru bulb fields)! Depending upon the time of the spring/summer you are in Holland, different flowers will be blooming. My favorite are the hyacinths. The Dutch have kept the Atlantic Ocean at bay - they can counted on to make your visit effortless and great fun.

• 1 month later...

Well we booked Uniworld and it was just cause of the itinery. You just have to sit and read about them..and figure out who goes where and what pleases you. I hear Amadeus has newer boats....but we still went w/ U.

Archived