Smuggling Liquor of Choice

spikera

with all the responses , can i assume most of you bring alcohol on board with you? I have been on one other cruise and they were pulling a few folks out of the line due to just that. I went on NCL. Is Carnival less stringent about this rule? I was going to order a bottle or two prior to our sail date and have it in our room.

Yes you won't have a problem putting it in your checked luggage with Carnival. (Not carry on, unless it is just wine )

I have heard that NCL is very strict about their alcohol policy and they will not allow it even in your checked luggage.

Yes you won't have a problem putting it in your checked luggage with Carnival. (Not carry on, unless it is just wine )

Do you think it's a problem if you put in your carry-on? I've done that on other cruise lines without a problem.

Do you think it's a problem if you put in your carry-on? I've done that on other cruise lines without a problem.

Your carry-on is run through a x-ray machine and if they see something suspicious, they will check it out. At least that has been my experience. I had wine, soda, and some water in a bag, and they opened the bag and checked the items. They shook the water bottle (it was sealed) - not sure what that tells them.

I actually just got back brought,

vodka,rum,teq and brought mix from William sonoma cosmo and mojito mix and marg. diet coke and club soda had plenty to go around. I even brought all the mixers in a roll on cooler and walked right on no questions.

good luck

I have heard that NCL is very strict about their alcohol policy and they will not allow it even in your checked luggage.

Carnival doesn't "allow" it in your checked luggage either, but that doesn't mean you can't get away with it. Wine is allowed, so you can carry that on if you wish.

I have been one that believes it's easier to order a bottle to the room (you can call and order it over the phone, but not on the website) but we just got back from the glory, I ordered a 40 dollar bottle of rum and they delivered it to the wrong room:eek: , I didn't get it until Monday, I was lucky the people in the room were honest and sent it back. I asked about it saturday night, they said "oh you should get it sunday", by sunday I was down at the pursers desk asking about it and they said "well we have no record of you ordering it, so we have to wait till Monday to check with the home office" They were very nice and it wasn't their fault so I just said fine and the next morning they delivered the bottle, they said it was delivered to the wrong room. Since I had already paid for it (it came out of my credit card as soon as I ordered it a month before) I guess I was a bit put out, I think from now on a bottle in my checked luggage will be how I go, it's not the price of the bottle, but I want a bottle in my room, from the time I get there, truthfully I don't drink that much and when I'm cruising I drink the most in the first few days, after that you're way too busy with ports. I like to make a drink and sit on the balcony and watch the sea go by :D I know that many people take a bottle or two in their checked luggage, my bottle of rum made it home from the airport gorrillas wrapped in a beach towel in the middle of my clothing, so I know it'll make it from the hotel to the cabin in that manner, but I'd still use a ziplock and bubble wrap to make sure, you don't want your clothes baptized before the trip ;) Have a great cruise

What are some good smuggling ideas? I thought about my empty Clinique toner bottle. Just putting vodka in it. Whould they suspect that and open it and SMELL:eek: it? I don't want to get caught, but I also don't want another $200 bar tab...which is tame compared to some people for 5 days!LOL!

Ok all you smuggling pros. What is your meathod of transport for the kaluha (which by the way the kaluha with soft serve ice cream sound awesome) and the rum or vodka???? Now help me get it on the ship so that I can be a pro smuggler too LOL.

Any advice would be appreciated!

I had a smaller plastic empty rum bottle, washed and rinsed it and put kahlua in it, and wrapped in a ziploc bag and then re-wrapped in a beach towel in suitcase and then sandwiched the package with flip flops on the bottom and top... this should work!

What are some good smuggling ideas? I thought about my empty Clinique toner bottle. Just putting vodka in it. Whould they suspect that and open it and SMELL:eek: it? I don't want to get caught, but I also don't want another $200 bar tab...which is tame compared to some people for 5 days!LOL!

I'm looking for some tips on how to get a "Happy Meal" into Spago next week in Las Vegas. I thought about stuffing it in my shorts, but I don't want the ketchup to get all over everything. I don't want to get caught, but the thought of a $52 steak and a $48 foie gras plate is just too much! Help! LOL!!

You're right - a $200 bar tab is tame. The more cruises I go on, it seems the tab for pictures, bingo, and souvenirs goes down, while the bar tab goes up. Try purchase alcohol that is already in a plastic container, a/k/a traveler. I believe Smirnoff vodka does come in a plastic bottle. If your beverage of choice doesn't come in plastic, look for it in the mixer/airplane bottle sizes. Often these are plastic. Don't be afraid to ask your friendly, neighborhood liquor store clerk for assistance - he should be glad to help and make suggestions.

If you want to put liquor in a plastic bottle, try to use a plastic bottle that held the same kind of liquor originally. These bottles are usually stronger than any other plastic beverage container.

If you have plastic bubble wrap, wrap it in that or in a small towel, and then put it in a ziploc. That should take care of it. It should not be anymore at risk of breaking than shampoo bottles, perfume, etc. Always put it in your checked luggage. You will not get it until later that day, but it will get there.

Cruising on the Miracle on Jan. 7th and had a question concerning wine. Some people say you are allowed to bring wine on in your carry on. Is there any fee involved with that? I was thinking of bringing 3-4 bottles in my carry on. I didn`t think you were allowed to bring any alcohol at all.

Cruising on the Miracle on Jan. 7th and had a question concerning wine. Some people say you are allowed to bring wine on in your carry on. Is there any fee involved with that? I was thinking of bringing 3-4 bottles in my carry on. I didn`t think you were allowed to bring any alcohol at all.

You can bring wine, no fee except a corkage fee if you bring it to the dining room or supper club.

I just placed another order with Carnival, for those wanting the prices to pre-order liquor, here are some of the prices (note!! They just stopped pre-selling Baileys :()

These are all Liters

Bacardi O, Bac White, Myers Dark and Capt Mor- $40

Malibu-$55

Bacardi 8- $60

Ketel One, Grey Goose, Belvedere- $60

Absolute- $40

Archived