Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline, Hotwire, etc.

sunlover5

congrats mantaray..i knew the $119 was for the intercontinental That one is fairly easy to figure out :D

bubiesmom: i have had great luck using both (no complaints)..The not knowing on priceline is part of the "fun" Afterall, if you got ANY resort at a great price..who cares which one it is. Granted, i prefer condado area over isla verde but the intercontinental is a fantastic resort hotel. Nobody can predict what hotel they may "sneak" in until someone actually gets it and reports it. i personally got what i expected most times.

Resort hotels are el san juan,intercontinental, caribe hilton, marriott stellaris IF you cannot accept what hotel you get then bidding for a hotel is NOT for you. Just pick a hotel, pay retail and have your peace of mind.

Hotwire gives you the opportunity to narrow down which hotel you may get (read betterbidding.com) to help you...the icons listed describing each hotel is what helps narrow down the hotel itself plus if you press "continue button" it will list more icons, the price you will pay WITH taxes and if you scroll further..the rating on trip advisor. Press trip advisor and look for the star rating based on amount of reviews and VOILA*** thats the hotel.

please report back when you have booked.

*sweet*

When you used Hotwire, did you get anything LESS than what you booked? The Intercontental seems like a sure thing because it is the only 4 star listed.

bubiesmom: intercontinental is NOT the only 4 star hotel on hotwire.

Im not sure what you are looking at or what you expect. Go to betterbidding.com and read all about the hotels they have tagged.

Is there a particular hotel you actually want???

*sweet*

First THANK YOU for this thread. You guys have just saved us at least $200.00!

Second, here's my winning bid:

Priceline: $98.00 for Sunday, May 3, 2009 (accepted first time) & was given Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel

I wanted the Intercontinental but knowing this was the other hotel that had been frequently chosen made me feel comfortable in bidding.

:D

I used betterbidding to identify hotel (They are great).

Sheraton Old San Juan.

$119.00 through Hotwire.

April 3-5

We really wanted this exact hotel or I'd have went with priceline. Because the hotel was an exact match for amenities, I felt it was a low risk on Hotwire. This is for the week before Easter, so the prices were high.

Cheryl :)

First THANK YOU for this thread. You guys have just saved us at least $200.00!

Second, here's my winning bid:

Priceline: $98.00 for Sunday, May 3, 2009 (accepted first time) & was given Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel

I wanted the Intercontinental but knowing this was the other hotel that had been frequently chosen made me feel comfortable in bidding.

:D

What star level did you use?

Oh, I'm so sorry. I knew I would forget something...

Based on everything I read here, I used 3.5*, 4* & resort.

Keep in mind that Priceline can always upgrade you. That means if you bid for a 3.5* hoping for the Sheraton, you can be upgraded to a 4* or Resort. Provided of course that the zone you're bidding has 4* and/or Resorts, which San Juan does.

Just got the Marriott Stellaris Resort in San Juan for 1 night pre-cruise on May 9th.

$122 plus fees = $150.60

Had bid 10 times on Monday. Started with 4* tonight at $100. Nothing. Added resorts and kept raising the bid through the free re-bids. Finally took my offer of $122.00. Was bidding on room for a friend. She really wanted the Marriott so I'm hoping she'll be very happy.

Just got the Marriott Stellaris Resort in San Juan for 1 night pre-cruise on May 9th.

$122 plus fees = $150.60

Had bid 10 times on Monday. Started with 4* tonight at $100. Nothing. Added resorts and kept raising the bid through the free re-bids. Finally took my offer of $122.00. Was bidding on room for a friend. She really wanted the Marriott so I'm hoping she'll be very happy.

Great price! Good job! Got ours for $125.

Hi there,

Just won bid on Priceline

Wyndham Rio Del Mar

$85.00 night

Resorts

Feb 22 - 25. Then I extended it for 3 more nights at the same price.

What a great price! You will love the resort. Make sure you join their frequent guest program, Wyndham by Request and Wyndham Rewards, it's free and you'll get an upgraded room and separate check-in. We got a super room even though we got it through Skyauction, click on my AOS review link and scroll to the end for tons of pics of the resort and loads of info on what to do in the area. Congrats again! :)

Saturday April 25th one night

Started bidding at $100 3.5 star.

At $120.00 won the San Juan Water and Beach Club.

Not quite what I expected. had to go and check it out on tripadvisor. It is a very trendy boutique hotel. Haven't heard it mentioned on this board. Hope it's not too noisy for us old folk!

Not quite what I expected. had to go and check it out on tripadvisor. It is a very trendy boutique hotel. Haven't heard it mentioned on this board. Hope it's not too noisy for us old folk!

It's really nice, not quite as trendy as its South Beach counterparts. It's right on Isla Verde Beach, has waterfalls in the elevators, which also have no ceilings and has a great rooftop bar and pool with a great view. It also has one of the best restaurants in the Caribbean, Tangerine. I took my wife there the night we got engaged and we had a great time. Drinks and food aren't cheap though, but everything is really good!

It sounds wonderful. You were lucky.