FV Available for Two??

BettyNL

I noticed that a Family Veranda Stateroom is available on our cruise; however, when I tried to book with X they said it requires a minimum of FOUR passengers :mad:

Do they ever "allow" just a couple to occupy this cabin??

Hi, Betty - I can attest that they do sell the FV cabins to "only" two people. We booked FV 8166 directly with Celebrity for the Millennium transatlantic last November, and there was no question or concern about having only two in the cabin. My assumption is that the minimum number (I've seen people mention a minimum of five, you say they told you four) is only enforced for cruises during school vacation times when families would be traveling with children.

They are fabulous cabins if you can get one. They're larger than a Sky Suite and have a separate living area. And the balcony is wonderful if you've got an "end" FV. Great for entertaining. Good luck!

Yes, once X finally releases them - if you see them onthe website, anyone can book them. My only disappointment is that they are not available to book even on the first day a cruise is released. My Mom loves to travel with us and fell in love with the FOV this May. All I hear from her now is when is our next cruise in "our room". To daye, the only ones I've been able to secure are on the trans on Connie next April and one in January for a short cruise in the Caribbean. X seems to wait until very close to the cruise before they will release those rooms (in case a family books is what I am told).

You won't be diappointed with the room and especially not the balcony!

Grab it if you can! We've been fortunate enough to have them a number of times and there are just the two of us. Most times you have to watch their site because they hold on to them in case of family would book them. When it gets closer to cruise time they release them and if you're already booked for another cabin you can get the change - if you're lucky. They're prime real estate!

Thanks for all your positive responses:

Indeed, for the 15 day South America cruise we would love to have an FV (we are already confirmed in an AFT cabin)

Yes, maybe because it is during "school break" they are holding it for a family; however, it does show as being available on all the internet websites but yet X said it won't be released for two until a month prior to sailing.

So I guess "daily checking" will be the order of the day in November ;)

To add to this we are confirmed in 8181 corner FV for next Feb Panama Canal sailing.

There is no rhyme or reason to it since when 9199 (think that is the corner one) became free (before we got 8181) we were told "no its provisionally reserved for families of 5) yet the next day low and behold 8181 (one deck below) was free as well and within an hour we had it.

So I dont know. Maybe different TA's and X have different policies.

Archived