Carnival Pride - Riveria 1184

GetNAway

• 1 month later...

Okay, well now I qualify as a past occupant! October 22 sailing out of Long Beach - I was a little concerned about noise and such but it was great! Unless having a balcony is a critical issue for you - this deck/location is awesome! Just around the corner from the aft elevators - close to the water so we could look out and feel as though we were really on the water. Had no noise problems even on the nights when the disco was really thumping! Had plenty of storage space for two of us - despite the fact that we both WAY overpacked. Of all the things mentioned on the lists of things we MUST take - the only thing I used were the ziplock bags. TIP - airport security wants all your liquids in under 2 oz containers in only one bag. They very nicely repacked my carry-on at one airport because I had things split between bags. I can see where a power strip would come in handy - especially with more than one person trying to run a curling iron, shaver etc at one time. The clothespins for hanging up wet things would have come in handy if we'd actually gotten to go to a beach! Drat that stupid hurricane!

We were rarely in the room long enough to miss not having a balcony. The room was fine - my steward, Inyoman, was terrific and except for not getting to a single place we were supposed to go, we had a very nice time!

Probably will be a year maybe two. Got to save up the pennies again - this one took me 20 years to convince the DH! I'll most likely aim for a departure port I can drive to instead of dealing with flying - New Orleans, maybe Houston. At least on the eastern Pacific routes there are lots of interesting alternative ports in the event of weather problems!

WOW-- 20 years to save.... :D

Thats why I cruise for cheap so I can take more vacations.

It took my husband to die for me to realize life is too short... and the stuff we take for granted..

At least one vacation a year for me now. Coz I work too hard all year round not to.

• 3 years later...

Thanks for the review of cabin 1184! We're booked on the LEGEND this month in the same cabin - and since both ships are of the same class, we're more secure now in having made that selection!

Since you don't spend much time in the room - we didn't feel it necessary to book a balcony or suite ....too much to see and do to sit in the cabin!

We really did enjoy our time on the Pride - perhaps one day I'll go back and try that trip again! We finally booked a 2nd try - this time for the Carnival Dream out of Florida - I was just re-reading old posts and realized I said something about eastern Pacific cruise itineraries...clearly I was disoriented!:o I meant eastern Caribbean! We leave in September for a 7 day

I went with the balcony this time around - I'll be able to sleep in my deck chair all I want!

happy traveling!

Archived