mariner totally ship shape?

nj07039

We are also on the Hong Kong/Singapore cruise with you and were wondering the same thing. This is our first cruise, so we seem to be wondering about everything! Have you cruised with RSSC before -- ever on the Mariner? Are you taking the ship's excursions? We signed up for several in Vietnam, but never received a confirmation, so I'm only assuming we're actually registered. I expect the ship will be 100% by that time, but would really like to know for sure. Hope someone can assure us.

This will be our 8th cruise with RSSC. We were on the Mariner in 2003, on one of the Alaskan cruises. It was then (and we hope now) a beautiful ship.

We can contact RSSC directly to inquire about the mechanical status of the ship.

We are traveling with friends, so we made arrangements in each port for a private guide, so we won't be taking the shore excursions this time.

I'm sure you will enjoy the cruise and the itinerary. Have a safe trip to Hong Kong.

We signed up for several in Vietnam, but never received a confirmation, so I'm only assuming we're actually registered. I expect the ship will be 100% by that time, but would really like to know for sure. Hope someone can assure us.

If you booked your excursions on line you should have received back an email confirmation of same along with a note that final confirmation will be received on board. If you did not receive the email confirmation I would resubmit your requests and note in the comments section that you had booked on X date, but did not receive back a confirmation. If you again do not receive a confirmation, then either call RSSC directly or have your TA call.

If you booked your excursions on line you should have received back an email confirmation of same along with a note that final confirmation will be received on board. If you did not receive the email confirmation I would resubmit your requests and note in the comments section that you had booked on X date, but did not receive back a confirmation. If you again do not receive a confirmation, then either call RSSC directly or have your TA call.

Thanks so much for suggesting this. I did resubmit my requests, and this time received an e-mail confirmation. I was having computer problems for awhile, and I think my original requests were never actually sent. So thanks for your comments!

We got off the Mariner in Vancouver on Sept 13th. Our cruise was shortened by one night and we missed Sitka and Ketchikan. Early in the cruise we were sailing slower at about 10 knots. It appears by the end of the cruise that we were sailing between 16 and 19 knots which I think means the pod must have been fixed.

Regent did a number of things to compensate us for the shortened cruise. They opened all bars for no cost drinks for the entire cruise and they gave us a free cruise in the equivalent cabin to be taken on Mariner, Voyager or Discovery anywhere they cruise by the end of 2008! I'm very impressed with Regent.

We are currently on the Mariner steaming towards Whittier at the normal 19Kn...so I'd say everything is shipshape!

We will still be on the Mariner when you join us. There haven't been any problems with the pods this week. We have been on time everywhere and the weather has been beautiful.

Today is the first really rainy day all week. Yesterday in Stika we have very, very light rain, but before...all sunshine. Quite different, I understand, from most weeks this summer.

Thanks so much for suggesting this. I did resubmit my requests, and this time received an e-mail confirmation. I was having computer problems for awhile, and I think my original requests were never actually sent. So thanks for your comments!

Glad I could help. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived