Just Got Off the Monarch of the Seas

sublxed

And we all had a great time. And you all sure helped, thanx

sorry if i jump around a bit here.

We got in early to the terminal by 11am, checked in (the online check in really saves time) and we boarded around 12-12:30, had lunch got tot the room and spent the afternoon at the pool, sipping drinks ( i didnt waste anytime) listening to the reggae music and reading. (ok maybe watching a pretty girl or two)

Dinner was great, lamb shanks was the chefs selection and they were awesome, the meat just fell off the bone ( i maybe ordered two)

Traveling was my wife and I (44 and 37) my 2 kids (18, 16) my mom and dad, my sister and her 2 kids (8,9) I had at first requested the late dinner, but my sis and mom wanted early for the little kids, but i think the late dinner is better, first because it is nice to snack during the day and secondly you miss sailing out of the ports, sunsets etc.

the show were kinda lame, except for the comedian and the man of a thousand voices, johnnyo the cruise director was pretty funny. Dueling pianos was great lotsa laughs and singing. i dont think anyone was any good at karaoke, but after a few drinks who cares?

(oh and the tip of red bull vodka and oj was a agreat one - might have cost 10 bucks but it sure extended the night. i tried to take up the challenge of the guy who posted here got 18 more hours of cruise time by drinking these, not sure made his 18 but i certainly did pretty good.)

I cant believe someone said they were a bit bored on this trip, there was always things to do.

as for onboard game shows, our family won at family feud! yea, and the quest game was so funny. somehow a guy ended up in a girls gstring at the end,

the meals were great, the sit down lunch was as well.

dont miss the belly flop competition and the final day bbq, lots afun

and for the lady complaining about the rock wall, the hours are posted, it might only be open 4 hours a day, but the are posted.

as for san diego, there is a free shuttle to sea port village, to wlk around

as for catalina, the golf carts are a bit pricey but a good way to see everything

as for ensenada, the bufadora trip is best, only really for the shopping, the blow hole big deal. we went for 15 a piece, and were only allowed 1 1/2 hours there, you can take a cab once in town for 10 each r/t and stay longer, we wish we would have done that. All kinds of fun stuff for sale there, you get to haggle for prices, (the walk away sure works) fresh tacos, free tequila shots in some of the stores, and a few restaurants now that weren't there 5 years ago. it made the downtown ensenada kinda boring in comaparison

my kids wanted to skip the final show (the mots dancers and singers in yet another musical review) and we palyed basketball, ping pong (a very different game in a strong wind), uno up in the windjammer with some fresh hot brownies and then caught the dueling piano show till 1am

so i might post later, but its time for my nap :D

Archived