***Live from the Pacific Princess***

T&J

Good Morning from the soggy Maldives!...We are about 1 hours time away from Male, Maldives and it is raining rabbits out on deck!....I am looking out the window in the Internet Cafe and it's not looking nice out there at all. We have all been told yesterday that we must wear long pants and shirts that cover our shoulders since it's the start of Ramadan.Woke up at 5:00am and not a soul was in the Internet Cafe...5:50am and it's packed again in here...go figure! The seas were pretty calm last night and I went to bed at 12 midnight. We all got an extra 30 minutes of sleep since we had to turn back the clocks.It is a shame if it will be raining here all day since we have a very short time to begin with here from 7:00am until 1:00pm....Oh we'll can't really complain about the weather thus far because it has been great for the most part.I don't have a plan "B" for rain for today????We'll we will play it by ear and see what John and Dee and Barbara and Marks would like to do in this weather when they all wake up.Going to go and have breakfast later and already have had 3 coffees by the computer with you all this morning.More to follow later this morning from the Pacific Princess....Tony

I don't play slots but blackjack only...I never talk to the cards because the cards have no ears!...hehheeeeTony
But they do have a memory. Except on Crown Princess, where I've read that CSM's are being used. Yuck. Offered just in case you had time in your busy schedule to visit the Crown.

But they do have a memory. Except on Crown Princess, where I've read that CSM's are being used. Yuck. Offered just in case you had time in your busy schedule to visit the Crown.

YUK is right!...that rules out the Crown then for me!...thanks for the heads up!Tony

BTW got our docs today for the Island Princess to Hawaii . Only 3 weeks to go . Let the fun begin......Yippeeeee!!!!

That's great news...you know when you are going soon when your final docs arrive!Tony

If anyone is looking now on the Cruise Cam you can see pastel coloured houses...very pretty and we are so close to shore....Tony

Great shots Tony,

You are indeed very close to the shore.Shame about the rain on the cam though,but one of the best sail in's yet.

Nice views of the Islands

Looking forward to hearing about the Maldives.Is it true the highest point of land is only a few meteres above sea level?

Great shots Tony,

You are indeed very close to the shore.Shame about the rain on the cam though,but one of the best sail in's yet.

Nice views of the Islands

Looking forward to hearing about the Maldives.Is it true the highest point of land is only a few meteres above sea level?

David it is true the highest point of land is only 3 meters above sea level...taht's why people are worried that one day erosion will make the Maldives just vanish like a coral reef!

Tony

Alright going for breakfast now and going to see what the gang would like to do with this rainy weather this morning?Forgot to mention this is a tender port here in Male.More to follow later this morning from the Pacific Princess....Tony

Forgot to mention this is a tender port here in Male.More to follow later this morning from the Pacific Princess....Tony

Thats interesting.It didnt even cross my mind that it would be a tender port.You would think with most of their supplies coming by sea there would somewhere to dock!Must be a lot smaller than I thought.

Thats interesting.It didnt even cross my mind that it would be a tender port.You would think with most of their supplies coming by sea there would somewhere to dock!Must be a lot smaller than I thought.

David the jetty area is way to small for a ship of even this size to dock...must be tenders only....Tony

Just came back onboard from being ashore...it is a shame that the weather did not cooperate today for us here on our short tender call until 1:00pm because doing one of the Atols would be the thing to do here. The island is 1 km and 2 km's long and I think we did all of the island in less than 3 hours time. Barbar, Dee and John are still ashore visiting a museum and I came back soak and wet but I didn't care.I have come to the conclusion that the Islands economy is based on shoe sales....there must have been 25 shoe stores as we walked along Ondigo Maggu (The main drag) and plumbing stores. All of the stores were closed when I was ashore because of Ramadan and also they do not open until 9:00 or 10:00am as well. The island is very clean and prices are high for everything.The ship is running a continous shuttle service every 10 minutes from the ship to shore which takes all of 5-10 minutes max.We leave today at 1:00pm and another two days at sea until we reach Victoria in the Seychelles where hopefully the weather is suppose to be sunny and hot.Getting wet like this today wasn't a great idea for my congestion but I am glad I made it ashore anyway.More to follow later this morning from the Pacific Princess....Tony

Over the past hour the weather is trying to improve from what I can see out of this window with clouds breaking and some sun trying to break thru....I am going to go up on Deck 10 and take some pictures of the Maldives and some nearby Atols and hopefully get some good shots.Of course the Internet Cafe is packed again as usual.Will be going for lunch in one hours time as well and then maybe a quick nap, treadmill afterwards and a pit stop at the "Office" before dinner tonight.More to follow later this morning from the Beautifull Maldives Islands aboard the Pacific Princess....Tony

For anyone up in the middle of the night you can see us on the Cruise Cam about to leave Male, Maldives in a couple of minutes for our sailaway. The weather is clearing up of course as we are leaving! I just came back from lunch and had the broiled chicken and couscous and the stracetella ice cream for dessert.A lot of people are around the pool now that the weather is clearing.We had a 2.5 day trip at sea in order to make it to the Seychelles ontime on Sunday at full speed of 18 knots.The weather in the Seychelles is suppose to be spectacular with sun and hot temperature of 90F....More to follow later this afternoon from the Pacific Princess.Tony

Good afternoon from the middle of nowhere! We are in complete open waters now thsi afternoon and the sea is very calm. A lot of people are out on deck by the pool, although it is a bit overcast but warm.Going to the gym in 10 minutes time and then shower and shave and maybe a pit stop in the "Office" before dinner tonight.Of course the most hopping place is the Internet Cafe!More to follow later today from the Pacific Princess.Tony

Ok so finished my treadmill #5 workout for one hour and now going to shower and have a cocktail before dinner at 8:15pm.....The ship is starting to move a little more in the past 30 minutes as we are heading to the Seychelles at full speed to make it there ontime baring no bad weather.....More to follow later from the Pacific Princess.....Tony

Archived