Parking New York City Pier ??

Jimjam

Will be cruising out of New York City departing on a Wednesday..However, there will be two other ship departures on the previous Saturday..We intend to drive to the pier from South Jersey and park at the pier. Any experiences parking at his pier location will be appreciated. Have heard that arriving on a Wednesday may find NO parking space available.. Your help is appreciated...

Call ahead on parking volumes at the piers in MidTown, Manhattan, NYC

http://www.nypst.com

Parking across the Hudson River in NJ may also be better not just a whole lot LESS Money too.

The ferries from there run all the time.

Mr. Arthur Impertore owns the ferry lines.. ... the properties too.

This is a great alternative to NYC High Price Parking ..

Where in S NJ are you coming from ? A ferry from Highlands, Monmouth County, NJ also as well may be a good alternative. Or others....:cool:

Get there early and wait for a disembarking passanger to pull out. Sometimes it is the only way. It happened to me in Fort Lauderdale once, and that was the solution. These bigger ships mean less available parking. It will become a problem for the future of cruising.

Mary

Somewhere on another thread, there was a discussion of using bus service to NYC provided by HAL (for a fee, of course). Posters mentioned the bus leaves from Philadelphia and also from somewhere in NJ, although no one mentioned where. I do know that in previous years, we took a bus (booked through Princess) from Burlington and friends of mine took one (booked through Celebrity) from Mt. Laurel. The posters who talked about a bus from Phila. said it cost about $50 RT per passenger-- since parking at the NY port is $24/day, the bus might be quite a bargain!

Thanks everyone...I will call a day or two before our cruise on that Wednesday for parking availablility. Otherwise we will take a private car from Mt. Laurel NJ because I would not like to get to the pier only to find the roof top parking lot full. Thanks again for your help ....

There is a bus from Jamesburg (Cranbury, NJ). The bus was free if u booked a suite or balcony during a certain offering but otherwise it should be $49. I understand the parking lot from where the bus picks u up charges $4 per day for parking. It's a Park & Ride on 130.

Thanks everyone...I will call a day or two before our cruise on that Wednesday for parking availablility. Otherwise we will take a private car from Mt. Laurel NJ because I would not like to get to the pier only to find the roof top parking lot full. Thanks again for your help ....

Apparently, the operators of the terminal are of the view that parking availability is not an issue. From the NY Passenger Ship Terminal Website (http://www.nypst.com/) under the link “About NYPST (emphasis added):

The Third Level is devoted to Cruise Passenger Parking. More than 1000 spaces are available on a first come basis. Daily parking is available for vehicles dropping off or picking up passengers. In the unusual event that the Lot should become filled, there are alternative lots available in the neighborhood. There has been no instance in recent memory when there has been insufficient space for any cruise parking customers. The Parking Level is accessed by a ramp at the south end of the Mid-Level Viaduct.

Hope this helps.

Richard

THANKS again to everyone..This is great information and most helpful. That Jamesburg location for bus round trip to pier---do you have a telephone number or e-mail address to check it out? Is the bus provided by Holland America ?? Thanks Richard for yur reassurances..Sounds great!!!

Archived