Cabin 8690 vs. 9690 on Voyager

grannynanny

We have a hold on both these cabins, would like to know if there is any difference in the two? I've been reading these posts, and see that it's mentioned these cabins have a single door instead of sliding doors. When I spoke to the RCCL rep, she said not so on the Voyager. But, past experience leads me not to believe what the reps say. Has anyone stayed in either of these cabins who can confirm this, and which of the 2 are better (if any). Is there any kind of obstruction from these balconies? We have stayed in corner aft on Radiance class, and just love them. Will we feel the same about aft on Voyager.

Thanks, Nancy

I have stayed in both on a voyager class ship, and have 9690 booked again on Voyager for a Med cruise next fall. 9690 has a porthole (very large, I can sit in it and I am not a small person) and a single door. 8690 has a single door, and no porthole. The balcony on 8690 is larger, but both are of ample size. On 9690 we had 2 chaise lounges, a table and two chairs and it was a bit tight but there was ample room to get around. I like 9690 better because I find that the single door, without the porthole, makes the room a bit dark. This site, thanks to Bonnie Voyager, has some very good photos of the aft cabins. http://travel.webshots.com/photo/48328219/1107871218036355651kPIOcA

Terry

Archived