Dawn - Canada Pictures

JPCruising

Are you a professional photographer? Your pictures are absolutely beautiful especially the lighthouse ones. I am a watercolorist and the skies are unbelieveable. Do you mind telling me what kind of camera you used?

Thanks, Kit

Thanks for the kind comments. I am not a professional photographer but photography is a passion of mine. I used a Canon 20D digital SLR camera and was using a Canon 10-22mm or Canon 24-105L lens during the Peggy's Cove lighthouse shots. The sky had been mostly overcast that morning until we arrived at Peggy's Cove to those beauty blue skies and great clouds. About 45 minutes later the clouds rolled back in. I also used a circular polarizing filter on several of the light house shots.

Your pictures are awsome!!! We are going on this same itinerary in 3 weeks (Oct. 7). Now I really can't wait!!! Did you take the ship arranged shore excursion to Peggy's Cove or did you venture on your own? Once again - your pictures are truly awesome!

Rose

Wonderful photographs. I'm looking forward to the others you have promised. Looks like the bathroom in your owner's suite was bigger than our whole inside cabin 5109! We had fun though - just back from the 09/09 cruise. We had great weather until Newport where it rained all day.

Your pics are absolutley the most gorgeous i have seen in a long time. My hubby was thinking about getting this camera and i think after he sees your pics he will go out and buy one for himself or maybe Santa will come early and surprise him ;) We will also be sailing on her again in Nov and can't wait :)

Thanks again for sharing with us......

~~Debbie~~

I have just finished adding pictures from Boston to the album. Over the next several day I hope to get Bar Harbor and Newport posted. We had a great day in Boston starting with the sunrising as we cruised into the harbor and ending with the sun setting as we cruised out of Boston.

Fantastic photos! I also just came off the 9/9 cruise - I appreciated your messages from the cruise the week before, and now I love seeing your photos! I took a lot of pictures myself, but yours put mine to shame.

The Halifax photos are gorgeous. Just gorgeous.

BTW, how many days did you spend in Boston? You saw a heck of a lot more of the city than I did!!! I slept late that morning and only got to Faneuil Hall for a couple of hours! ;-)

I look forward to the rest of the series.

Thanks!

charlikin

Wow, your photos are great. I live west of Boston and I think you saw more in a day than I have in my life. Glad to see Halifax photos, as I am going there next month. Looks like you had a hulled balcony, were you happy with that? That's what we will have next month on deck 8.

Thanks again.

Wonderful!! You have captured the sights so well. It is very obvious you have a great passion for photography!

I must share these photos with my fellow CC'ers...we're off on the JOS 10/14 to Canada/NewEngland from Boston, and some are spending pre-cruise in Boston.

Wow, your photos are great. I live west of Boston and I think you saw more in a day than I have in my life. Glad to see Halifax photos, as I am going there next month. Looks like you had a hulled balcony, were you happy with that? That's what we will have next month on deck 8.

Thanks again.

Omajo, we actually had two balconies, the forward balcony and a side balcony. We were very pleased with both and I loved going back and forth between them to take photographs.

Archived