Camcorder recommendations?

Namvet4

Newbie here.....1st cruise 01/07

DW and I will taking our 1st cruise in Jan to the Caribbean.... Would like opinions about camcorders, best, worst, pricing, etc...especially about media types, mini-dv, dvd, hard drive....Also, any heads up "tricks" to capture best pictures! Thank you in advance....

All responses gratefully accepted and appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...

I like the minidv recorders but remember the main thing is get a good optical zoom. Forget the digital zoom alltogether. Pretend you don't even see it. It is never that good. Get a small camera with the best optical zoom you can find. There are many cameras that are good. On top of that there are many lenses to choose from. I like Leica and Carl Zeiss but there are numerous lenses that will work just fine. I would also get a camera that also takes digital photos. That way you will not be carrying more than one camera.

Hope this helps

Thanks Joey... exactly the kind of input I was looking for! Very confusing when trying to determine the differences between types and lenses and all the stuff. WE are basically a point and shoot type.... We hope to make great memories and want to have a way to relive them for the years to come.

Appreicate the reply! :)

Archived