Bought The New Digital Camera... Now What Spare Memory Card To Get??

Sandy R

Help again... On the basis of great info from all of you, I bought the Nikon Coolpix 3200 last week-end and it is indeed "cool". Everyone told me to buy a spare memory card. One of you mentioned to go online @ dealram for a 256 memory card. With the camera I bought, I only need a regular 256 card. Well, which one... the cheapest @ $27 or next one up @ $42, or a more expensive memory card. Is one 256 card as good as the next or should I be looking for something in particular?

Thanks for all the help for a newbie digital camera user... Sandy

Make sure you use the correct memory card. The 3200 uses a Secured Digital (SD) or a MultiMedai (MMC) Card. The SD cards are larger and faster than the MMC cards so I would use those. A 256 memory card will give you 100's of medium resolution pictures..

If I might suggest, go to the nikon website (support.nikontech.com) and take a look for the memory cards that nikon says are supported for use in the 3200. I have been told by many folks that any manufacturer's memory cards will work in my dgital cameras (both nikons) but I think it is penny wise and pound foolish to try and save a few bucks on a memory card that has not been tested for use by the maufacturer in their camera. If you are taking a big time trip (e.g. Alaska), you don't want to lose your pics because of some incompatibility between your memory card and camera. Take some great pics!

Definitely make sure you use the correct memory card for your specific camera.

We recently purchased an Olympus 4.0mp digital camera. Olympus uses only the xD memory cards. I found a wonderful site which is also a walk-in store in New York City and purchased several cards and 2 cameras from them. They sell name brand cards for name brand cameras. Their service and prices have been great.

They are bhphotovideo.com

I have no connection with them other than being a satisfied customer so far.

Good luck.

Archived