What to pack on an NCL cruise?

terri1020

Hi All,

I will be leaving on my fifth cruise, first on NCL, on Oct. 29. Dawn to Bahamas/Florida. It seemed to me from reading cc that dressing on NCL might not be as dressy as other lines. Is this true? I have some outfits I bought for my June 2006 cruise, which are very dressy, and I'm wondering if I will feel overdressed wearing them on my upcoming cruise. Any packing advice will be SO appreciated!

Thanks! Terri

I agree that you should wear what you want to wear! Not everyone dresses up, but there are plenty who do!

My husband and I always dress formal for the formal night(s), and we dress every night for dinner just because we love doing so. :) He wears a shirt and tie every night (I know some would croak, but we love dressing for dinner), and I usually wear dresses or dress pants and heels. And we have never felt out of place.

Usually getting dressed for dinner is a special occasion (like an anniversary or birthday), so I love doing it every night on a cruise. But what's great is that everyone can do what he/she likes, and it's acceptable.

It's one reason we love NCL. :)

Thanks for your quick replies. The response is what I was suspecting but it was good to read. I WILL wear my dressy outfits from my previous cruise and make every night special. We're going with a group of the class of 1973 high school friends and husbands so every night WILL be special!

Thanks again!

Terri

Archived