How much deposit does a solo cruiser pay?

copnlpn2

I'm seriously thinking about cruising solo because I'm single and have no one readily available to cruise with me. I know I'd enjoy solo cruising because I don't get "lonely" and enjoy mixing with new people.

How much of a down payment would I be required to make for RCCL cruises? The usual amount that a person would pay if I was sharing a cabin, or double that amount because I'm cruising solo?

I'm sailing aboard the Sovereign in October with several relatives and I'd like to book another 4-nighter aboard the Sovereign for January or February 2007. On that cruise, I want to book a 7-day cruise aboard the Adventure of the Seas, sailing Nov. 11, 2007 out of San Juan. Looks like my only option is to go solo on both of these cruises but I need to know how much money to set aside for the deposits first.

Appreciate any info I receive!

Cindy

Any amount would be worth it cuz I hear there are gonna be some great folk on that AOS cruise.......hahah

Sorry to butt in......maybe someone can give you a real answer........

Back to minding my own business.........

For a 7 night cruise the deposit for 1 person is $250, it's less for a shorter cruise, and for a longer cruise it is $400. While they do charge the single supplement (usually 200%) they don't require you to put down a double deposit at least.

Hi Cindy:

I am not completely qualified to answer your question because I don't book short cruises as a solo traveler. I do have an RCI repo booked for next year (as evidenced by my signature info) and if I recall correctly, I think the deposit was $450. But again, that is a longer cruise.

Still, why not go to the horse's mouth? You can call RCI customer service at (866) 562-7625 from 8 AM to midnight EST. Certainly you can ask that type of question without committing to a booking.

Happy cruising! :)

- Paul

Thanks everyone for the info and advice! Looks like I'll be booking a short cruise for January or February 2007 then a 7-nighter aboard the Adventure of the Seas for November 2007! And I'm lovin' it!

Cindy

(Paul - the main reason I didn't call RCCL first is because I knew I ran the risk of getting different answers from each rep I spoke to. Rather than make five or six calls to RCCL, I chose to come to the most accurate source of first-hand cruise info - CC'ers members!)

Cindy

I travel a lot as a single as my husband is disabled and needs a wheelchair most of time and really doesnt like to cruise. I travel with a bunch of women in a club called jugs. or just us girls. You can get your own cabin if you want or a roommate and travel with a group. WE usually eat together at night in the main dining rooms but during the day we each do our own thing. With a group you usually can find someone who does the same thing you do or like. Some if us do private tours and other do ship tours. Is nice to have someone around that you can talk to if you want or go with for tours. Is a great bunch of gals.

debkjw:) :o :D

Deb - thanks for the info about JUGS. I've seen their website and remember that some time ago, I signed up to receive info from them. I'll check them out!

Paul - just realized we're nearly next-door neighbors! East Palestine is literally just a stone's throw from the PA border! I frequently eat and shop in Chippewa...

Cindy

Archived