Latest time to book return air in Miami

jstluvcrzn

I know I read this somewhere, but I can't find it. I also know that it depends on getting thru customs upon return to port. I'm sure its almost impossible to tell the exact time, but my question is this. My mother and sister are coming from Louisville, Ky to Miami and the only time for return non stop flight leaves at 11.50. Do you all think this is to early? I have found lots of my questions answered just by reading. I love these boards. We will be on the triumph 4-14-07 western Caribbean. There are 12 of us total and will be staying at the Holiday Inn port of Miami. Thank you.

If I am reading your request correctly; you are asking if a flight out after the cruise at 11:50 is to early. My opinion is yes. Miami is a large airport and I think because of its location they are very picky and slow at getting thru the gates.

You can do the self assist off of the ship but that would get you off of the ship around 8/8:30 and then time to get a taxi and to the airport I don't think you could do it. I would not book anything prior to 1:00.

The other option, if they want a direct flight, is to stay in Miami the night after the cruise and take the direct flight on Sunday the day after.

Hope this helped. It's just my opinion but I think it would be too close.

Our last cruise out of Miami, we did not do self assist, we were the second set of colors called at about 10am, collected our luggage, had called a taxi van in advance so it was already waiting for us, arrived at the airport at 12:30pm

our flight was at 2pm, the airport was a complete madhouse.

The reason it took us so long was the baggage pick up area was a mess, a huge line to get through customs and there was a traffic jam of people & cars trying to get out of the parking lot.

When people are talking about flying out of Miami last cruise was this before or after the new alerts with no liquids??

and how many ships are debarking on your particualr day from Miami and Fort Lauderdale. If many ships the security line could be a mad house.=especially right now when lots of people dont think the rules applies to them about liquids and gels.

When looking for flight arrangments check for prices out of FLL too. We were able to save over 700 by going out of there.

Archived