Constellation Clothing Question

osiebosie

I'm going through DH's clothes and was wondering something. If he wears very nice slacks, a button-down shirt with tie, belt, and nice shoes, is that enough for the informal nights? I know it says a jacket, but our suitcases are going to be really tight, and his suit jacket just won't work.

I'm not trying to start a major thread here about what to/not to wear, but we've never been on a cruise with "informal" nights before; just casual and formal.

My daughter and her husband are on the same cruise, and she's having the same problem.

I wish I could ship all of these clothes ahead of us! :p

Shay

Hi Shay

This is our first cruise. On semi formal nights I plan on wearing slacks, maybe docker pants, and a nice button down shirt. Formal nights a dark suit. Also we were going to get a feel for what others wear on semi formal nights.

Hope this helps

Glen and Wendy

My daughter and her husband are on the same cruise, and she's having the same problem.

I wish I could ship all of these clothes ahead of us! :p

Shay

Have the men wear sportcoats on the plane and save room in the suitcases.

You can easily have them cleaned and pressed once aboard.

We cruise celebrity because people take the time to dress. there are over

1,000 passengers and most of them have room in their suitcases. I would

guess you are just overpacking take a minute to asses what you plan to bring

and I am confident you can cut down at least 20% leaving room for a suitjacket. Please help to keep Celebrity a cut above the rest.

We've been on plenty of cruises where packing was not a problem. However, this is an 11 night cruise, and it is Canada/New England, so it will be cold. I am planning on having DH wear his coat on the airplane rather than packing that huge thing. Obviously, winter clothes are much larger and heavier than summer clothes.

We've never done a cold cruise, but I am mixing and matching, and probably going to do laundry (or rather, have it done), all in an attempt to keep packing down. Warm shoes just take up more room than flip-flops. ;)

He's getting two pair of slacks, about four shirts for informal nights and a couple for formal nights, a handful of ties, and then some every day clothes, again, wearing some stuff at least twice. And his suit. I'm cutting it down to the bare bones. And his suit jacket just won't work for an informal night. Believe me.

Now as for me, well, I'm cutting down there, too, but women's clothing is another ball game!

I agree in keeping Celebrity above the rest. George will look very nice when I'm through with him, even without a jacket. We've cruised enough on Carnival that I understand about how frustrating it is when you take the time to dress and someone else shows up in jeans, and are allowed in the dining room!

On our first Celebrity cruise, our dinner mates never dressed for dinner. He said he wore a suit all week long and they couldn't make him wear one on his vacation. And he didn't, even on formal nights! Now, we don't have that mentality, but I just wondered if he'd get turned away without a jacket. Like I said, he'll have a tie, belt, and nice shoes.

I guess if they say something, he can go get his suit jacket, which won't match at all. :p

Thanks for all of your input,

Shay

John and I each were able to pack in a 3 suiter suitcase the following:

2 complete tuxedos

2 white dinner jackets

2 sports coats

2 pair of dress slacks

4 dress shirts

4 tux shirts

2 pair of my shoes ( informal and formal )

4 ties

2 pair of suspenders

4 bow ties

8 pair of dress socks

4 belts

misc. underware and t-shirts

The bag weighed in at 42 lbs

We wore our jeans

packed a second bag with a couple of sweaters, dockers, long sleeve shirts, the rest of our junk oh and Johns 2 pair of shoes. bag weight 38lbs.

Third checked bag was a duffle with personal and shaving things. Basic toiletries.

We each had one carry on with a small DVD player, cameras, book, jewelry, bathing suit, and 1 change of clothing less shoes.

We had more than enough and send out a small load of laundry to do socks and underware.

It all fit, and we looked great!

Dave:eek:

Osiebosie,

I face the same dilemna every time I cruise...to bring that sports jacket or not.

I would throw in a sports jacket. If you can buy a basic navy or black lightweight sports jacket it would serve the purpose. I find that grey slacks goes with either a blue or black sports jacket or even a tweed.

On my last Celebrity cruise we went to the specialty restaurant and they wanted my husband in a jacket (this was not formal night), so he went back to the cabin and had only his basic black jacket from his formal suit so he wore that.

On my next two upcoming cruises they are 14 nights and 13 nights on Celebrity I will bring one black suit, two french cuffed shirts, cuff links, 3 ties and for informal nights a basic sports jacket with shirts, pants and ties. Ties take up no space at all.

I get away with a long black skirt, one pair of wide-leg black pants and jackets and tops to go with each. My informal nights are usually a short dress or black slacks with jacket.

I know it's hard to pack when you are going into cold climates, but if you pack smart you would be surprised what you could fit in a suitcase.

By the way we did the 13-night Canada/New England crusie and loved it. The weather was very nice and we didn't need heavy coats. Just bring a sweater for both of you in case you need to layer for extra warmth. You really don't know what the weather will be like up there.

Have a great cruise.

Archived