in room toiletries

poorsusan

I am cruising from San Diego to Hawaii for 15 days on the Zaandam in January 07, staying in San Diego 2 nights before and 2 nights afterwards. What kind of shampoo and soaps are in the rooms? I do not have fussy hair or skin so it would be a few less things to pack. For that many days I would need more than travel sized products! Plus we are flying from Albany NY and every thing has to be packed to check in now.

Hi. I'm not sure if this has changed, but HAL has had products called "Royal Dutch". This may be a private label. I've never used them since I like predictable results and always bring my own. I use the bar soap at the sink, but that is it.

You may be able to get more answers on this if you post your question on the HAL board.

Susan - On Noordam this past Feb every cabin category got the Elemis products. They're quite nice. Odd fragrance combos - basil, lemongrass, peach (OK not really, but you get the idea). The little bottles you get initially won't last the full length of your cruise, so make sure you either leave out the empty bottle, or leave a note for your steward that you need more - he'll gladly replace it.

Since there is a difference here as to what you might get, why don't you post the question over on the HAL board? Someone recently on Zaandam should be able to answer for you. :)

Archived