Packing question

LV2KruzCats

If we have to put all liquids, gels, sunscreen, makeup etc. in our checked luggage, can we put shoes, curling iron, hair dryer etc. in our carry on ? ? ? :D

That's exactly what we did. We even had room to put several changes of clothes in each of our carryons, since we couldn't put all that other stuff in the bags!

go out and buy a new carry-on bag for our toiletries. Pennys had this Swiss army tote bag with lots of pockets, and compartments, and mesh things and a plastic zipper compartment...for 35.00.

We packe all of our spillables, pastes, colognes, shaving creams, razor blades, etc...in there and just checked it along with our regular luggage.

We did this because we had a bad experience with TSA where they went through our bag and opened our shaving kit....didn't close it...and when we got home our clothes were covered with shaving cream and talc. The dry cleaner looked at me like I had two heads when I brought my tux in to be cleaned. It looked like a baby powder bottle exploded on it...well, in fact it did.

Dave:eek:

I was wondering the same for my upcoming cruise. I bring ditty bags for hubby and myself. I guess I'll just pack those in a separate bag and check it.

I think I would put any liquids in a ziplock back also just to be on the safe side even if they are in ditty bag.

Another thing would be to pack it tight with t-shirts and underwear so it doesn't shift around when they load the bags or in flight.

We have to rethink the way we pack now.

We bought two large rolling duffle bags with a separate bottom section for shoes. Packed our shoes in plastic grocery bags; double packed all liquid and gell toiletries in zip lock plastic bags and added some easily washable (in case of leaks) things like bathing suits and tee shirts. Worked incredibly well. The only thing that spilled slightly was easily contained in the plastic bag. Used carry on totes for usual (except for toiletries) stuff and filled them up with a change of clothes. Worked very well and we're planning to do the same on future trips.

Archived