Upgraded to our first balcony! Now a question :-)

offwego

We will be on the Star for 11 days, leaving in just a few days. We had an outside room with a picture window (D) and today I got a call offering an upgrade to a BA and grabed it. We are so excited :D

But since we have not had a balcony before we have a few questions I am hoping some of you who have, will be able to answer for us.

1. How chilly will it be from Vancouver BC to LA? Will we need a jacket? I am assuming it will be warm once we get close to Mexico??

2. Is there a cover over the top -- will we be able to sit there and not have the sun blarring on us?

3. Are there barriers between the balconies, room to room?

4. Since there are 3 of us, are we able to ask for a third chair?

Thanks for clearing things up for us :)

I live in Oregon .. and we are having cool weather with some rain. Not really cold .. in the 60's. I would expect it to be even cooler on the ocean so yes a jacket will be needed.

I have never been on that ship, but on several Princess ships it depends on the deck how covered the balcony is.

A third chair should not be a problem

Your biggest problem is that now that you are spoiled .. you won't want anything less.

Have a great trip !!!!!!

We were on the Star to Alaska, so I can't specifically answer your question, but... The first day we were onboard there were blue blankets available by the pool. We grabbed a couple of them to leave in our cabin for sitting on the balcony. You might want to check and see if there are some that you can have available it its chilly!

congrats; you will love your balcony especially coming from Alaska south. Yes, do bring at least wind breakers; it, most likely will be quite nippy even LA can be foggy and cool this time of year, or LA can be down right hotter than H#$$. The grabbing the blanket idea is a great one.

Nita

Yes there are barriers between the balconies to each cabin but you can lean out over the rail and see into the next one so it is mostly but not totally private. I'd bring a jacket or a sweat shirt to wear the first few days or you can buy one when you get to Vancover or on board (have had to do this many times on cruises and make great suveniers) if you need it. I had to buy a sweatshirt in LA when we took at cruise out of there years ago in mid May - it was 90 + degrees in Texas and cold in LA??? Have a great time - the balcony is great! Also it does depend on where the cabin is as to how much cover it has over it but it probably has at least 2 feet of cover over it. :cool: Debbie

Archived