Return air on transatlantic

cruisingharry

Consider custom air deviation where you determine your preferred flight and have TA contact Celeb-air to get a quote for any applicable add-on. This is do-able after your final payment date. We paid only $35 add-on each for direct flight 2 days later from Rome to ATL and about $110 for extra 2-day delay returning from Alaska. You can then decide if worth it. We usally fly in a day early and/or stay over a day or two for time on our own. Now I wish we had flown in to Hobby airport for Galveston instead of Houston Bush to ease transfer to port.

Are you a Captain's Club member? If so, Custom Air is free to you. Last year we did a TA from Europe (London) back to the US. We flew from Jax to Atlanta and then from Atlanta to Gatwick. We were able to choose our own flights. No extra charge.

Barbara

Thank you, Barbara, for the tip that Captain's Club members can get their air preference for free. I didn't know that. And we'll be flying back from Rome to JAX or MCO after a TA and Greek Island cruise in May. Just another reason why this board is so helpful!

Carole

Carole,

We are also flying back next April from New York. I go online and look at the available flights and pricing. Then I call Custom Air and ask what flights we have to choose from. We have been able to get the flight we wanted each time. We choose Delta because we have frequent flyer miles, but there are many flights to choose from.......We book directly with Celebrity when booking our cruise, but if you have to go through a TA, it still should be the same.

Barbara

Are you a Captain's Club member? If so, Custom Air is free to you. Last year we did a TA from Europe (London) back to the US. We flew from Jax to Atlanta and then from Atlanta to Gatwick. We were able to choose our own flights. No extra charge.

Barbara

The fee ($50-7$75 depending on domestic or international flights) for using custom air is waived for Captain's Club members - however if you book your custom air using flights, airlines, or airports that Celebrity does not normally use, you will be required to pay additional airfare over and above what Celebrity normally books at.

We used Celebrity's custom air, this past May, and it was great! I had checked on airfare and flights for quite a few months, and found X's price couldn't be beat. I got a non-stop flight from San Francisco to Newark, and then after our cruise, and a few days in London, flew British Air...also non-stop back to San Francisco.

Karyn

Archived