Carnival Site "My Reservation" question?

BCMom

Hi I am curious to find out what everyone has posted on their stateroom details for their booked cruises. We are booked in a guarantee cabin category and in the "My Reservation" details the picture shows an inside cabin...when I click on the "Stateroom Details" it explains inside stateroom..category 4A, 4B,4C,4D and 4E, etc. When we sailed on our Hawaii cruise in a guarantee cabin cateogory it showed NO picture and stated TBA or Not available..hmm.. would they have assigned us an inside stateroom this early on? Our cruise is not until November 14th on the Miracle out of Tampa...anyone else on guarantees with a pic showing the cabin category as the guarantee one booked? or does it just state "Not available" or TBA? Just curious...thanks for any help....

My 3 upcoming cruises are all cabin guarantees. Each reservation displays a picture of the cabin guarantee I booked. The only time I ever get a "no image available" is when I try to check my booking very, very late at night. Otherwise, the picture reflects what I booked.

Here is a link for you to try, but you must do it exactely as stated here.

Log onto the CCL site and choose "My cruise details" on the left. When the next page loads it asks you for your password. Put it in.

When the next page loads, you will see your ship and room.... paste this into your browser....

http://www.carnival.com/bookmodify.aspx

What this does is it loads in using the password you entered on the prior page.You must paste this over the current page,do not open a new browser!!!!!!!!!!

This will give you your room number,prices,names,birthdates,everything. If you booked with CCL direct you can change your catagory and many other things.

Steve

Mine shows a picture of an inside cabin (4A-4E) too even though we booked a 5A guarantee (porthole). I was worried they had assigned me a room that was downgraded from what we paid for and I posted about it here several weeks ago. I have since followed the advice posted by Steve above and was able to see that they do in fact have me listed as a 5A guarantee. Not sure why they are showing a picture of an inside cabin for me still but I'm not sweating it. If we show up and have been assigned an inside cabin, then I'll just strongly suggest that they issue me a shipboard credit to make up for the difference in price between the rooms. I plan to take all my documentation that shows 5A guarantee, just in case.

Glad you liked it, but it is not a trick. What you are looking at in my opinion is the "Future" Carnival cruise line online TA.

Why speak to a live person when you can view all your details and make a modification anytime you want, provided you booked thru CCL. If you booked elsewhere, then all you can do is look.

There is no reason this thread should be pulled. The link is legit, and it requires your booking number and your info, never mind that access is only granted after you log into the CCL site after setting up your original profile. If you booked thru CCL, you can modify your registration. The other method people used was hacking, this can only be used to access only your info because of the password needed.

Steve

Well, thank you for that link because I was really tired of looking at my reservation and it showed nothing. At least now I can see everything is correct. Question though, I did not book through carnival, the money paid at the bottom of that page is more than I paid. How does this work? Should I be worried my credit card bill will be higher than I anticipated??? Thanks

Well, thank you for that link because I was really tired of looking at my reservation and it showed nothing. At least now I can see everything is correct. Question though, I did not book through carnival, the money paid at the bottom of that page is more than I paid. How does this work? Should I be worried my credit card bill will be higher than I anticipated??? Thanks

Hmm, I was thinking the same thing, except in my case, the price is lower by almost $75 total.

Update: I just got off the phone with the TA. He said the difference is their commission.

The difference in pricing is the agents $$$. The higher price than you paid is the kick back of the commission by the TA. The lower than you paid price is the TA making a little more based on rates at the time. The rates could have dropped and the TA got you the better rate but never reduced your rate.

Steve

:confused: I have a quick question. I went and checked my reservation from the link above, and it has a balance due of $170.00 to be paid before august 8. I have made my final payment, and already have got my reciept that says "balance due -0-.Why is this?? :confused: :confused:

:confused: I have a quick question. I went and checked my reservation from the link above, and it has a balance due of $170.00 to be paid before august 8. I have made my final payment, and already have got my reciept that says "balance due -0-.Why is this?? :confused: :confused:
Just a guess, but it sounds like aug 8 was your final payment date. Since you made final payment early, it threw off the system. I would imagine on aug 8th it will show 0 balance...again just a guess.

Soon 2 B: you said its 400$$ more on that page then what you wre quoted. did the price include taxes and port charges? Coz that is an amount that sounds like it would be for port and taxes.

Can anybody tell me what is the difference between "IS" guarantee and a 4A guarantee...or is there a difference? I "thought" I booked a 4A guarantee but I followed Steve's directions below and I looked at my reservation. It says IS guarantee. Can anyone shed some light on this for me??? :confused:

Thanks!!!!

Lexi

Lexi,

Your TA may might be making extra $$ on your booking. IS guarantee is an inside cabin guaranteed! I would look at the original paperwork from your TA and see if it reads IS or 4a. If it reads 4a, then your TA booked you as an inside guarantee because the rate for an IS versus a 4a is on the average a $100 cheaper. I would call the TA and ask for your room number.

This is done because your are guaranteed an inside, and even if you booked a 4a, the worst you can end up with is a 4a under an IS,but the problem is based on your tolerance,If you don't mind being in the way front or back or under a disco or some other noisy item above you, then there is no problem.The TA will say that this is your best chance of being upgraded. If this is the case, then ask why you were not charged for an IS.

Steve

Welll.....I think I have just misunderstood this whole time! I have been saying all along that I have a "4A guarantee" which I guess is essentially the same as an "IS guarantee". I booked directly through carnival then transferred my reservation to a local TA for advise and such! I went and looked at my original booking through Carnival and it does in fact say "IS". Which is perfectly fine with me...as long as we don't get stuck with an upper and lower (which I have come to understand is a 1A...right?) I made that clear with my reservation that we didn't really care where on the ship but wanted two lowers that we could push together. So....now that I have that straight...wonder what else I can find to worry about! :D

Thanks again for your help....not sailing until 9/12/04 so I will keep checking my reservation for a cabin assignment. When I checked earlier today...there are only 13 inside cabins still available!

Lexi :p

I have a whole post asking that same question... its on this page here.

anyways-- on the page it shows a 5A but I booked an oceanview garantee. the agent said it just shows whats available to me.

Archived