Hogs on High Seas cruises

auburnfan

Just wondering, has anyone been on a HOHS cruise? It's a motorcycle rally on water. Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Sea is the ship. The 5th anniversary cruise is planned Nov. 2007. Spouse and I are thinking about going. Any comments would be helpful. Thx.

Yes, We were on the Mariner last year with about 1200 HOGS!:)

We are not HOGS. We had a great time, and interacted with many HOGS during the cruise. Most were in 40's and 50's. Our next door cabin had HOGS, and 1-2 times a day we would be out there at same time and talk.

For me, I enjoyed asking why they had this or that tattoo. The stories were interesting.

For formal night, most HOGS wore t-shirts and leather!:D They had the whole bottom floor of the dining room and the wait staff wore t-shirts and dew rags.

I would NOT hesitate to be on a cruise with the HOGS again.

It is a reference to the group, not the people. That is what they called themselves many times on the cruise, so it is not my term. There is NO implied reference to any person other than as they are associated with the group.

So to make sure I am not misunderstood per your comment, I would NOT hesitate to go on a cruise with any person that was on the Mariner of the Seas last November associated with the group referring to themselves as HOGS.

Just wondering, has anyone been on a HOHS cruise? It's a motorcycle rally on water. Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Sea is the ship. The 5th anniversary cruise is planned Nov. 2007. Spouse and I are thinking about going. Any comments would be helpful. Thx.

Auburnfan,

You still have time to join the Nov. 5, 2006 HOHS cruise !

Here is another CC chat thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=205688

I agree! We were told that the captain rode his Harley on Labadee. I forget which day the captain wore his leather jacket.

It was an excellant cruise!:)

Here is a link to some of the pictures of the 2005 HOHS cruise.

This will give you a real good idea of what goes on.

Look at the pictures titled Biker Bingo. People are not holding small bills!

You can find pictures of the captain in the topless man contest, Labadee pictures and the bike giveaway. Captain Johnny, just one of the guys!

http://www.hogsonthehighseas.com/05CaribbeanScrapbook/

Mike

Hi,

This cruise does not allow passengers to bring their own bikes. The ones you saw being loaded/unloaded most likely belonged to the bike builders featured on the ship. There actually is a cruise that you can take your bike on but it is twice as much money as this one.

HOHS has nothing to do with any motorcycle group. It just stands for Hogs on the High Seas (it really stands for Having One Hell of a Shipboard party!!)

HOG stands for Harley Owners Group, of which there will be MANY chapters represented. It is world wide and promotes riding. We put thousands of miles a year on our bikes. We are usually older, represent all walks of life, and (more than the average population) have retired early.

Last month we were on a cruise and I wore a gown and my husband wore a tux(although he has a Harley bow tie & cumberbund). This cruise it will be leather & doo rags. The same people who had drinks with us on the first cruise might not want to sit near us on this one!!

This morning coffee certainly makes my fingers nimble!!!

I hope to see some of you on the HOHS cruise this year. I will be the one with the lampshade on my head (hey, I don't have to drive!!)

Nancy

Auburnfan,

You still have time to join the Nov. 5, 2006 HOHS cruise !

Here is another CC chat thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=205688

vtsmike...might would have considered this year's Nov. HOHS cruise if I had known about it in time. By waiting until Nov. 2007, it'll give me more time to pay for it in installments. Which brings me to another question...how in the world do you people afford to go on so many cruises, so close together???:confused: I've been amazed to see everyone's listings of their cruises, some of which may be only weeks or a couple of months apart. Obviously y'all aren't cruising on a nurses' salary??!!:eek:

Archived