Summit 9-30-2006 (14 Hawaii)

bgaylemccord

Can anyone tell me what to expect as far as weather and rough oceans during my 4 day LA to Hawaii and back crossing? I am alittle concerned about getting sea sick and I am not sure if I need to pack clothes for cool weather during the ocean crossing. Any input or suggestions on any part of my cruise would be appreciated. I am in cabin FV #8166 at the back of the ship. I hope that I will not feel much movement. Anyone familar with this cabin or cabins in this area?

Thanks,

We sailed last March on Summit to Hawaii.

The first 2 days were very cool to cool. The same again for the last seaday. Blankets were out on the pool.

The sea was a little rough only the 1st seaday, after that it worked out fine for us.I have not seen any seasick people.

Have a great time, you will enjoy it.

We also did Summit last March and had the opportunity to sail on Infinity a couple of years ago in late Sept.Both cruises were excellent.Weather was a bit cool when leaving LA and Vancouver but only for the first day or two.The sea days were the best.We sailed to Hawaii and back and you would not no the your on a ship.Very calm seas and excellent weather.We had a balcony cabin on both cruises but more towards the center of the ship.You may feel more motion at the Aft part of the ship than in the center.But with calm seas you may not feel the difference.I wouldn't bring to many warm clothes just a sweater or sweat pants to fall back on.Your going to the tropics.Expect to have a great cruise! John

Can anyone tell me what to expect as far as weather and rough oceans during my 4 day LA to Hawaii and back crossing? I am alittle concerned about getting sea sick and I am not sure if I need to pack clothes for cool weather during the ocean crossing. Any input or suggestions on any part of my cruise would be appreciated. I am in cabin FV #8166 at the back of the ship. I hope that I will not feel much movement. Anyone familar with this cabin or cabins in this area?

Thanks,

We are right above you in an aft center cabin.

You won't have to worry about the weather if you try to board on September 30th, last I checked the ship sails the 28th.

Although it will be cool the first and last couple of days the rest will be great. Unless the seas pick up (not the norm for this time of year) you should be OK. I would suggest if sickness is an issue to see your doctor before hand for a prescription for sea sickness. You don't want to ruin a good time because of that... I think you'll be OK if you prepare...

Don't be 2 days late!

You guys need to get signed up for the Cruise critic Party. Go to Roll Calls and find our sailing and get signed up.

Bye for now...

We've sailed on this cruise twice, and will again next month on Infinity. We found that the first day out was a little rough, but the further south we go, the warmer it was, and also smoother seas.

If you concerned about sea sickness...take Bonine the day you board, and keep taking it, until the seas are smooth. It works great...but don't wait until your not feeling well. Take it in advance...just in case.

Karyn

Gosh, you had me for a moment. We are sailing on 9-30-06 not 10-28-06. Thanks, for the information.

Thought I'd put a little fear into you... That's just something I do.

But honestly though, I think the weather will be great. Little chilly the first couple of days but paradise after that.

Can't wait to see if you have any insight for us before we sail...

Have a great cruise and check on the sea sickness from your doctor...

Like Karyn mentioned, I hear Bonine is supposed to be great. Here is a web site that may help:

http://www.hmlanding.com/maldemar.htm

Happy cruising,

Archived