Alexis Live from Grand Cayman about embarkcation,

Alexis

Hi Everyone,

I promised I would let you know how I made out on boarding with my extra drinkable items in my luggage.

No problem with mine, or anyone elses on board I have spoken to.

Ship is beautiful, staff is great and everything is perfect. Except, no chocolate buffet. :(

To all my 23rd Roll Call people. You will love the ship. See you soon,

Alexis

People are also able to bring back on board from ports if it is a small amount. NOT several Bottles. Pints and slightly larger are passing inspection.

So far cruise is great!!!

I have had to use internet cafe's on the Islands because CC site has forbid the RCCL computers to post on their site. Email address is blocked. This has happened to everyone on the Ship computers, not their private computers.

Off to lunch.

Alexis

Ship is beautiful, staff is great and everything is perfect. Except, no chocolate buffet. :(

NO Chocolate Buffet!!!! AAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Sounds like it's time to write that letter to headquarters and ask for a full refund on this cruise and a free future cruise. Any court in the land will back you on this one......:eek:

Glad to hear you're having a good time.

Hi Everyone,

I promised I would let you know how I made out on boarding with my extra drinkable items in my luggage.

No problem with mine, or anyone elses on board I have spoken to.

To all my 23rd Roll Call people. You will love the ship. See you soon,

Alexis

what ship is that alex?

SEVIM

• Administrators

Hi Alexis:

This must be some kind of error or glitch, as someone mentioned there are direct links to Cruise Critic from all computers on all ships in the fleet as part of our partnership with Royal Caribbean.

If you have a chance, could you go down and locate the Internet Manager and see what he has to say? I'm working on this from my end as well.

Our Navigator of the Seas fans should be able to post back and tell everyone what a FANTASTIC time they are having on board!

Laura

Hi Alexis:

This must be some kind of error or glitch, as someone mentioned there are direct links to Cruise Critic from all computers on all ships in the fleet as part of our partnership with Royal Caribbean.

If you have a chance, could you go down and locate the Internet Manager and see what he has to say? I'm working on this from my end as well.

Our Navigator of the Seas fans should be able to post back and tell everyone what a FANTASTIC time they are having on board!

Laura

Hi Laura,

I got home early this am from the Navigator and saw this reply to my posting.

I tried to post on here from the Navigator many times on many different days. The web page on the computer would post the same message and comment each time we tried to enter Cruise Critic. That the site was blocked from entering by Cruise Critic. It told me to contact the management of Cruise Critic? (I forget the exact word used, so management is the only thing that comes to mind) to find out why. It said that it was Cruise Critics decision to block that address so that we could not enter.

If you know the ships slow computers, I would not bother to try and reach you. It would have been impossible to email and wait for a response. As it was, by the time we all got on line to even look at a site, any site, our 15 minutes of "free" time was gone. :(

I saw other CC members in there and asked them if they had tried to post on here. They said they received the same message as I did and could not get on Cruise Critic either.

I managed to post from two ports by using their computers and had no trouble at all.

I did notice that no one posted on our Roll Calls from the ship while on board her for the whole two weeks.? I do not know if anyone posted on the main boards from the ship. I have not read them yet.

Thank you for looking into this.;)

Alexis

Just back early today.

An update on the liquor.

Western Caribbean and confiscated liquor.

When doing these ports, the ship seemed to ignore some smaller bottles coming on board from ports. There were some people I knew who had larger bottles of theirs taken upon returning to the ship.

In Jamaica, If the liquor police saw them in the x Ray machine, you were questioned. One lady told them it was Vanilla. They replied to her, "We see Tequila." It joined the others lined up on the floor. :p

Then we did the Eastern Caribbean. :eek:

The liquor police were out in full force as soon as people came back from the ports of St. Maarten and St. Thomas. Bags and boxes of bottles were taken from the passengers on their return from ports.

I am sure many others will post that they were able to bring it on.

Welcome back Alexis. How was the Navigator?

It was a great two weeks on her.

Captain Sullivan. Very visible, down to earth and friendly. He attends the Meet and Mingles and is always walking around the ship saying "Hello".

Fabulous waiters, assistant waiters and GREAT head waiters!

Everyone on board was really nice except a few. Mostly at the Pursers desk. I found some of them to be rather grumpy, grabby and just not nice. I was not impressed with the Crown and Anchor Loyalty Ambassador either.

My favorite person was Nestor. (Not sure about the spelling.) He is the official greeter to the Windjammer in the mornings. He was introduced at the final show as the peoples favorite employee on the Navigator. What a pleasant and sweet person to see as you enter. He greets everyone in the mornings when they enter and leave. You may get up feeling grumpy, but meet him and you have to smile and say "Hi".

I am probably going to do a small review with some tiny complaints. Filthy outside windows and balcony glass so dirty you could not see good

through it. There were others who said the same thing. And, I was not going to hang over that thing and try to clean it myself. :eek:

All in all, it is a beautiful ship and has a great crew.

Funny thing. I didn't care for the new set ups on the beds. Pillows and spread all in white??? is by far the silliest thing I can imagine on a cruise ship. Ours had like a dirt scuff stain on the first one and it looked like a kid wrote on the second one in pen. There are so many pillows on the bed that the cabin attendant left the biggest ones on our couch at night. I had to keep moving them to sit on it.. The pillows are way too hard and the thing in between the Duvet is so heavy it is hard to sleep under if you fold it down as we do.

Did any of that ruin my cruise. NO way. :D

Glad that you had a good time. After Carnival changed out to the new bedding a couple of years ago, I wondered why they went to the white duvets and bedding. Did not make sense on trying to keep them clean but I guess in looking at it in a positive way, if the bedding is nasty then we will be able to see it.

Glad that you had a good time. After Carnival changed out to the new bedding a couple of years ago, I wondered why they went to the white duvets and bedding. Did not make sense on trying to keep them clean but I guess in looking at it in a positive way, if the bedding is nasty then we will be able to see it.

LOL! I thought the same thing.

Don't think I didn't take a real close look at that dirt scuff stain on ours.:o

Archived