Closet space in Handicapped cabins ?

LV2KruzCats

We are sailing to Hawaii RT soon, 14 days. Can anyone explain the closet space ? We have seen all the bathroom pictures, but no info on closet space, and are there cupboards below the desk ? It's hard enough to pack for 14 days, but if very limited closet space ? ?

We do have a door thingie for needed stuff, i.e., shampoo, lotions, razor etc. so we are set there.

Thanks for the help.

You didn't say which ship you are on or whether or not you have an outside or an inside cabin. My wife who was in a wheelchair and I did just fine on the both Millennium and the Infinity with handicapped cabins.

On the Millennium we had an inside with lots of space all around the cabin with drawers below the desk as well as inside the closet and plenty of hanging space. The only drawback was the slight uphill to get into the bathroom.

On the Infinity we had an outside balcony cabin and there was plenty of room there also (though seemingly less than the inside cabin). Right inside the door was plenty of space to store a wheelchair. There were ample drawers inside the closet as well in the desk. The bathrooms were huge with plenty of space to move around. Forgive me but I don't remember the storage situations in the bathrooms, but since I can't remember, they must not have been an issue.

Enjoy your Hawaiian trip!

Dan

We've been in the accessible cabins since sailing Celebrity M class ships. I'm glad that you have the shoe holder for the bathroom door because there is no storage room under the sink. You'll find it very handy.

I really don't know what a regular room's closet is like. We had two door closets with a third door hiding shelves and 5 drawers. I always bring too many clothes for my husband and especially myself so it's always a struggle to get my hang up clothes in the closet. There are two drawers in the bedside tables. There are four shelves in the desk where I kept my camera case and some other things like curling irons. There are also 3 or 4 thin shelves for magazines, info, etc. where I kept our binoculars.

I hope that this helps you out.

There is another thread that shows a picture of the closet in an accessible cabin. The thread is "Picture of CC Aft Cabin" The closet space is the same whether in a cabin on either side or an aft cabin.

Have a great cruise.

You'll have plenty of space in the room for the walker and the wheelchair which you can fold up when you're not using it. The ship gives you the wooden hangers and 2 bathrobes. Hang the bathrobes up in the bathroom and ask for some wire hangers. You'll be fine.

Sorry I didn't mention which ship ! Need wheelchair, and walker space for DW and she's concerned about the closet space.

Thanks for answers.

We just got back from the Summit and had cabin 9164. It was a handicap aft cabin. We had more closet/drawer space in the Zenith hadicap cabins. It was a seven day cruise, but we were on vacation for 14 days and had LOTS of luggage. It just seemed we were a little squeezed.

Now, with the luggage space behind us.... you will love the cabin! The balcony is HUGE. The aft handicap cabins are dead center of the rear of the ship. I have a few pics of the cabin, but I just noticed they are from an angle that do not show the closets. If you like, I can post what I have.

Archived