Planning a cruise and review - what do YOU want to know?

jp2001

As you probably all know, I'm going on NCL Spirit next week. I'm planning on writting a detailed review and I want the review to include special sections ''from the solo point of view''. What would you like to know? I'll do my best to answer your questions.

Hi JP:

That is a nice offer! :) I will be going on the NCL Dawn in December as a solo cruiser. So even though I will be on a different ship, I will be interested in your review. One thing that might be helpful to the solo crowd is your review of the freestyle dining. I think some solo cruisers have been concerned about whether they will have to dine solo since NCL doesn't do the standard table assignments. Perhaps you can share whether you dined alone, and if not, how you met compatible meal partners with whom you shared a table.

In any event, I hope you have a wonderful cruise! :)

- Paul

Thank you Paul; I'll make sure to review meals seatings (not only dinner).

I loved the Dawn by the way (my first cruise). I'm planning to do a mix of meals eating by myself and some meals I would like to share with others. My review will tell how it all worked out.

My review will probably book-size long though because I love to write (I plan on writting some of it during the cruise itself and rewrite it after with more comments). It will include usual sections:

Background

Travel to the ship

Embarkation/Debarkation

Crew

Public Rooms

Stateroom

Activities/Shows

Ports/shore excursions

but I also plan on writting other sections that we don't see as often:

Solo, but not single, point of view

fashion review

Cruising on a budget

We'll be waiting to hear about your experience. I'm curious to know about excursions (if you do any) and any pro/cons to being by yourself.

As for dining, I don't have much experience but some lines will randomly seat you at a table that has room left, as they ask you how many you are. So you could end up with others at meal times. You can also say you prefer to be alone and they'll try to accommodate you, I think.

Have fun.

Archived