shoreguy

Which is your favorite new NCL slogan  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite new NCL slogan

• You must board. You must disembark. Thus ends the list of 'musts'
    • There is no such thing as a romantic table for eight
    • Watch the Whales. Not the clock
    • Our dress code: Wear something
    • Woe to the vacationer who is forced to dine at 7 p.m. at table eight with the Wurtzels from Albany
    • None of the above

OK, I'll bite

Who in the world are the Wurtzels?:confused:

I imagine a last name of nobody in Albany ;)

Got to love Google - your table mate

Elizabeth Wurtzels book, Bitch:In Praise Of Difficult Women, recieved a paltry average of 3.6 out of 10.

I was overwhelmed and excited by Wurtzels brash, drunken style, her searing wit and wry observations.

Wurtzels largest failing is in the fact that she presents the reader with fascinating ideas and then drops then so abruptly, loses them in the circular chaos of her self-loathing rants.

It was no big surprise to me to learn that Wurtzel was high on everything from ritalin to speed to cocaine

Elizabeth Wurtzels book, Bitch:In Praise Of Difficult Women, recieved a paltry average of 3.6 out of 10.

I was overwhelmed and excited by Wurtzels brash, drunken style, her searing wit and wry observations.

Wurtzels largest failing is in the fact that she presents the reader with fascinating ideas and then drops then so abruptly, loses them in the circular chaos of her self-loathing rants.

It was no big surprise to me to learn that Wurtzel was high on everything from ritalin to speed to cocaine

Great find shoreguy. Lol

Same place we all get most of our information - on Cruise Critic :D

Once in a while it pays to read the website not just the message board.;)

Amazing some of the stuff that shows up on the front page & in "news"

-Monte

They could all be taken defensively by someone - but of course you can't make everyone happy all the time. BUT still had to vote for none. The whale one is good but way too specific to a certain itinerary. Something regarding home ports would be better as they do go close to home for many people. Many people like traditional dining or table with other people so could be very offended by that slogan. Consentating on freestyle or freedom of choice - the romantic table for 8 suggests that if you go with Norwegian you will have to sit at a table for two and lets face it in this society many hubby and wifes like others at the table... Hope they have other choices. RCL and CCL slogans are much better than that. Debbie

I liked _ "Dress Code? Wear something! That will certainly guarantee the end of anything remotely romantic or traditional about an NCL cruise. Be prepared for even more folks simply wearing their work uniform on board. But that is what NCL is looking for reaching out to the 83% of the country who presently does their vacationing at Bob's Rustic camp ground. Good luck!

With this type of campaign, the Staten Island Ferry will be an upgrade.

When do the Wurtzel's cruise next. They will be a thousand percent better than anyone I have had the misfortune to have dinner with on my last cruise on NCL. I hope they can get them to cruise often.

When do the Wurtzel's cruise next. They will be a thousand percent better than anyone I have had the misfortune to have dinner with on my last cruise on NCL. I hope they can get them to cruise often.

I am sorry for you since the only folks you have to eat with are those you choose to eat with.

I am sorry for you since the only folks you have to eat with are those you choose to eat with.

That may be true but when one cruises solo and asks for a sharing table one gets what is available and on my last cruise what was available was very sorry indeed.

That may be true but when one cruises solo and asks for a sharing table one gets what is available and on my last cruise what was available was very sorry indeed.

I have cruised solo on NCL and never requested a shared table, I enjoyed dinners with folks I meet here and meet onboard. I even enjoyed a few wonderful dinners solo and the staff made those evenings some of the best.

It just never ceases to amaze me why some folks who dislike NCL so much, would spend any time reading these boards? Makes no sense to me ...:confused: Life is waaaay too short .... I have a cruiseline that I absolutely can't stand. I've never gone over to those boards ... waste of time.

SHOREGUY: I'll read anything you post ... you're my kinda guy (even if you still refuse to book the same cruise we do!! HA!)

~d

Aww - but you did NOT have to eat with them the rest of the week.

I had to eat with rude, racist, drunken "wurtzels" for an entire week on one of my "traditional" cruises. The only cruise on which I did NOT look forward to dinner.

How bout calling another cruise line and getting the same message?

Thanks for posting :D

Well, actually I have called other cruiselines. Second time on NCL this Oct. Nothing against them but never had to wait in voicemail hell for an hour to order a bottle of wine before.

I had to eat with rude, racist, drunken "wurtzels" for an entire week on one of my "traditional" cruises.

LOL, I think there is a new term for the "table mates from hell" ...Kind of like..."The wife was sweet, but the husband was such a Wurtzel!!" LOL That cracks me up

Donna

I also voted for "there's no such thing as a romantic table for 8." Like many others have posted here, we don't dislike dining with other passengers, but prefer to meet them before we dine with them -- we've had the BEST table mates that we've met through cruise critic get-togethers and roll call boards, and that suits us just fine.;)

Archived