Anyone tempted to try MSC?

lilbit

Arno, we probably took it at the wrong time. We were on the first Caribbean Cruise under Sasso and there were a lot of things that were very confused with the move to the Caribbean and then the new management style. That said, the ships are beautiful, we paid a great price and we had a great time with our CC friends.

If you were strictly diehard X I would say give it a pass but since you are flexible then I say go for it!

Donna:

I just read your review of Opera and it sure does not inspire me.. There are very few MSC posts to make any recent comparisons. I am ready to do some ship and cruise line comparisons. Extra costs for water at dinner and the absence of coffee in the evening or juices during the day plus more expensive drinks... sure offsets the attractive cruise price.:(

I'm looking into the 4/1/07 Veterans Southern Carib roundtrip Ft. Lauderdale. $700 pp cruise only. Great deal but does anyone know if that would be school vacation time? I don't have children so am not sure. Do you think it would be a better cruise in the Carib than some of the problems we've heard in the med?

What's with the extra price of water at dinner. I hadn't read that. As for the price of drinks, we've been paying $6+ for a mixed drink on recent cruises we've been on. Are they more than that? I know I'm expecting to pay pretty hefty for drinks on our upcoming Med cruise on Galaxy.

But it was a little like pulling teeth without anesthesia. Little glasses and not refilled until asked for. We are talking major push to sell water here! As I said before, we were on the first Caribbean cruise under Sasso and there was a lot of confusion. That confusion was over normal changes with coming back to the Caribbean such as room service being no charge (it is charged for in the Med and our cabin menu still showed the charges on it). Additionally, Sasso had made additional changes such as increasing drink prices. I hope you find some later reviews because I'm quite sure that a lot of the problems were cleaned up with a couple of cruises behind them. Might try the MSC board to see if you can get a better idea of how the season progressed.

Well, I bit the bullet and just booked my first MSC cruise. A little skeptical but the deal was awesome. $667 pp for gty inside all port & taxes included for 11 nites April 1st. Figure for that money how bad can a cruise be. Bets being at work. If anyone is interested I found the deal at LJ - 800-511-5411. Not sure if we're allowed to spell out companies. Anyway, you do have to be a verteran to get the deal. Prior to this promotion, the same category booking was $1048 pp. Maybe some of you will join us. Take a chance!!!

Archived