NYC departure

Luvs2trvl

I friend and I are looking at the Crown next August - the 9 night out of NYC - I have a couple questions/concerns.

She has never sailed before and is a bit nervous about getting sea sick. I have heard the waters in the Atlantic can be a bit rough which concerns me. Has everyone had that experience? I know it's always affected by the weather and I know in general the ocean is rougher, but I'd hate for her first cruise to get off on a bad note.

Also, has anyone done a pre-night with Princess in NYC? I can't find any information on their website about it and was wondering what hotel was used, transfers, etc.

Leaving NY was fine for us (we were on the 8/25 Crown sailing) but coming back to NY was rough! The last day we had 12 ft swells and yep, we were seasick. I really don't think I'll sail out of NY again myself. Also I will probably take seasickness pills every day just as a precaution.

HTH,

Kelly

you are on the ocean ............it can get rough............ but it is still the best vacation you can give yourself. Go for it and enjoy......find your own hotel....plenty of transportation in NYC......... Don't miss a day of your life because of what someone says might happen ......we started cruising late in life (50's).... and we both hope and pray we have 50 more years to cruise...Bon Voyage:D

Archived