Cabin 8227 NCL Pride of Aloha It's on Hold until Saturday Help

marcyjane

Got cabin on the NCL Pride of Aloha on hold until Saturday for May 20, 2007 Hawaii sailing. Cabin is on Viking Deck 8 cabin # 8227.

Has anyone been on this deck or in this cabin or one like it that can tell me about storage, space etc and if it's a good location.

Also will I be sorry I didn't book a balcony. I guess when I call to pay the deposit I might can switch, what do you cruise critic cruisers think.

Thanks so much,

Marcy

Got cabin on the NCL Pride of Aloha on hold until Saturday for May 20, 2007 Hawaii sailing. Cabin is on Viking Deck 8 cabin # 8227.

Has anyone been on this deck or in this cabin or one like it that can tell me about storage, space etc and if it's a good location.

Also will I be sorry I didn't book a balcony. I guess when I call to pay the deposit I might can switch, what do you cruise critic cruisers think.

Thanks so much,

Marcy

Can't help you with that particular ship or cabin but I can say this....our first cruise was an inside cabin and we hated it. ( that's just us mind you). From that point on we always booked a balcony. Not only does it give you an extra space to relax in but it gives you your own private viewing area for all ports as you come and go. My contention is if you love to being on a ship then if you are in an inside cabin you will hardly know you are on one. :(

If you can afford it...go for the balcony.

Can't help you with the specifics of the cabin but in all the cruises my family has taken (brother 10, parents 2, me 1) we have always booked oceanview staterooms and been very happy. This year we are going (parents and I) on the Pride of Aloha (Oct 1,2006) and also booked an oceanview stateroom. We really debated paying for the balcony on this cruise for the extra space as we have heard the rooms are small. We didn't and then one day we got an upgrade call. We now have a balcony for free. Our first balcony and we are so excited.

Hope that helps some.

Dawn

I was on POA, though not deck 8. We were on the Oslo Deck (6), superior inside stateroom...AWFUL! We felt like we were in a basement the whole time (and actually paid over $600 to stay the night in Maui at a resort while the ship docked there on Friday. We were so relieved to sleep in a 'normal' room---by the way, that was a great move...Maui was the best part of the trip). Definitely try to get a porthole or window, or better yet, a balcony! We will never again make the mistake of booking an inside stateroom.

Thanks, from what I can see from the deck plans and the description on NCL web site this cabin should be an outside with pothole.

My first cruise back in 1993 was a pothole cabin, not that bad just small and being the first cruise and these boards were here at that time didn't know any better.

Last four cruise have been balcony's, they are nice but, really except for the Alaska cruise really didn't use it all that much.

So to save about $1000.00 which will more than pay of the airfare thought we might try a outside with porthole.

Thanks,

Marcy

We were on the POA the first week of September in Cabin 8048 - port side oceanview. The room was smaller than we've previously had but was satisfactory for the two of us - closet and shelf space provided adequate for storage as long as you don't pack too much - how many clothes do you need in Hawaii?

We were forturnate as we embarked in Maui and learned upon boarding that some staterooms were undergoing renovations so far fewer passengers were on than usual - approx 75% of capacity. This translated into good service all around and basically no line-ups in the restaurants. Deck chairs amd space were readily available and all port calls were very smooth.

Really, so much time is spent in port that we did not want to spend the additional $$ for a balcony

Enjoy!

We were on the Viking deck room 8245 in June 2006. We loved the room. It had a very large porthole and the room itself was plenty big for the two of us even with two large pieces of luggage. This room also had a small couch and table. There is plenty of storage in the closet and room under the bed to store your luggage. We saved over $1000.00 by not booking a balcony. To be honest, we were not ever in our room long enough to pay that extra money for the small balcony. We really enjoyed our cruise and can not wait to go back. Hope this helps you!

Thanks to all of you.

I quess in the morning we will call and make our deposit on the holding cruise and go with the Viking deck 8 cabin 8227. The savings by not getting the balcony will pay almost for our flights and hotel pre night stay.

This cruise is to see and viist Hawaii, and yes it's nice to be cruising as well, a place to sleep and eat. But the Islands of Hawaii is what our trip is all about.

Thanks again,

Marcy

Archived