Questions from a HAL newbie

Rina's Mom

We are sailing on the Noordam in October and have a couple of questions.

1. Since we are sailing at an "interline" rate :) , we don't receive the document package in the mail that everyone else does :( . We just get our booking number and stateroom number. Is there any info in the documents that are mailed out that I wouldn't be able to find on HAL's website? Any forms or things?

2. Is the wine list limited to what I see online as the "gift" wine list?

Oh yeah, would someone do a doc dance for me since we can't :o ? I think we would normally have them by now...

Thanks so much,

Barb

Welcome to the world of cruising HAL style!

You can get the info you need on HAL's website. Read through the "Know Before You Go" sections and you'll be all set.

As for the forms, you can fill out the immigration form online as long as you have your booking number. Then you can print out your express boarding pass to facilitate embarkation. (And once you do, you'll have a document. And that entitles you to do the doc dance!) The only other form you'll need to fill out at the pier is the credit card authorization form. But that takes only a minute.

The wine list onboard is vastly larger than what's offered in the gift guide.

Good luck, and happy cruising!

Oh, thanks Jim!! I forgot about the online immigration form. I was going to wait to print it out, but I think I'll do it today and then dance around my office (when no one's looking of course :eek: !)

And thanks for the info about the wine list.

I'm off to spend way too much time on HAL's website. Hey--I just thought of something. If I print out some of the info on the website, I'll have even more documents! Whoohoo!

Jim...you may have created a monster...

Barb

Hi Rina's Mom,

Thought I remembered your name from our Roll Call. Hello!

I Would Happy To Doc Dance for you! They (documents) should be coming soon. We actually received ours 3-4 weeks ago. We are in SS Cat. on the Navigation Deck.

Yes, doing the Online Immig. Form is fast and there is an separate line at the pier to present them and do your Check In. Look for it on your arrival on the pier. Make copies and put them in your Document Folder with your Tickets and Passports.

I downloaded the wine and gift forms from the website as a guide. I faxed them about 2-3 weeks ago and got a receipt email from HAL for flowers I ordered for my wife and parents cabin. Also ordered on the gift form a bottle of wine for the cabins.

See you in 22 days and hope this helps you!

Regards,

:) ESLO

(Ed & Bev)

REDancedans002.gif

We also booked the Zaandam and Noordam at interline rates, and a few weeks ago received our cruise docs (for Zaandam; Noordam is a couple of months away yet) in the mail - in the blue wallet and all. I actually found this somewhat strange as we've never received docs via mail when booking on X and RCI at interline rates. Weird.

Archived