Century Review 9/2/06-9/15/06

GramaFran

To the Editor, I really enjoyed the blog and just read your honest balanced review. Glad to hear the physical plan is redone, it was not in good shape when we sailed this ship. I also found it interesting to read the previous posters concerns about how this ship compared to others such as the Crown Princess. I havent sailed that ship yet so I cannot compare. But I've been on a dozen plus cruises, 5 different lines. We're not difficult customers. Celebrity is the only cruise line that seemed to "indoctrinate" the passengers on what they called " the excellence of Celebrity". The Cruise director Allen was very good but I noticed early on he constantly used the phrase" the excellence of Celebrity". Mid week he started talking about the upcoming cruise evaluations and asking/ hoping everyone marked excellent. We heard our tablemates use the term " the excellence of Celebrity", they had sailed the line several times. We had no service issues like Carolyn experienced but overall it did not exceed the other lines we've sailed. Midweek, our dining room waiter ( who had done a nice job) showed our table pictures of his family and then begged us to rate him excellent, he was worried about keeping his job. We didnt see or experience the "excellence of Celebrity" that was being promoted but we did mark our waiter excellent.

Archived