9-30-2006 Summit Dining Room Seating

bgaylemccord

Can any past Summit cruisers enlighten me with their experiences on seating in the dining room. Any preferences reguardiing table size, upper level, lower level, window or center? My husband and I will be traveling alone. We normally request a table for two. This will be a 14 day cruise and I think that additional table conversation would be welcomed (maybe). Any comments or suggestions?

Hi!

We were just on the 9/9/06 sailing and the dining room was lovely! There are not that many tables for two. I find that a table for 8 is perfect. You can have multiple conversations going and it gives you plenty of choices. We were very lucky and loved all our tablemates, but I hear that is not always possible. :)

We sat on the upper level, very close to the rail so that we could see below and had a perfect view of the huge picture window behind the Captain's Table. I thought it was an ideal location and it was table #550.

I was lucky enough to be served (at different periods during the day) by three different assistant maitre d's: Marco Piccoli during dinner and Yussef and Martin during breakfast and lunch. They are all charming, GORGEOUS and very, very helpful. If you get the opportunity to meet them, let them know you heard rave reviews from a previous guest. ;)

The service on Celebrity was impeccable and I am looking forward to sailing with them again soon.

Tammy

I would advise against a table for two. The ones I've seen on the M-class ships are in the worst locations, such as at the top of the stairs, next to the musical entertainment with all eyes on you, or by the service entrance. Very awkward arrangements.

The better tables seem to be the eight service. Plus, meeting new people is such a nice part of the experience.

Archived