QUESTION:Bermuda - Empress of the Seas

Looking for a good review re: the new Empress of the Seas and the curise to Bermuda. We're sailing on 8/15 and booked our excursions etc. If anyone has been on this ship since it's update and has any really great recommendations and reviews I'd really loved to hear about it all!

Also, had anyone tried doing an cabin upgrade onboard? Never done it before, but definitely want to try and see what we can do. Any suggestions....

Also, haven't recieved my travel booklet from RCI yet, but if anyone knows how many formal nights there are, let me know!

Thanks!

:D

Thanks for the info - I am a frequent cruiser, but this will be my boyfriends first. Hope he's not too scared off by these 'small cabins' people are noting. And I am very sad about there being no free ice cream on board. I wonder how much they are charging for some B&J's!? Will have to enjoy some more treats on shore I guess!

I've lost about 30 pounds for this cruise and plan on gaining some of it back. I posted a message a while back asking what is the best dessert on the Empress and most chose the flourless chocolate cake.

This is our first cruise and also first time in Bermuda but know that even though the cabins are SMALL, you are only sleeping and showering/changing in them. We have an inside cabin on deck 3 and have to fit 4 people in it (2 adults 2 children).

Anyway, I'm sure you and your boyfriend will have a great time

Here is the link to my dessert post...should start getting your mouth watering!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=24815&highlight=dessert

funkman

You are too funny Funkman! I'm an avid excerciser and pretty good at managing my weight, but indeed...I agree - dropping pounds before a cruise is always a good idea! My boyfriend began his try about two weeks ago. We're on the 8/15 sail date so he's got a month to go! I am always looking forward to the flourless chocolate cake and hope this ship as the midnight chocolate buffett! I'm with you - all about dessert!

If you went to my dessert post you know now that they don't make the Baked Alaska like they use to......it's no fun without fire. I've never had it before and was looking forward to at least trying it but now forget it. I cna buy a Sara Lee pound cake and vanilla ice cream and make my own the way they do it now.

Can't wait for the midnight buffet also. Going to have to do something with the kids that night or me and my wife can take turns going there. MAybe a doggy bag back to the room is a possibilty or with they stop me at the door when I am leaving with 5 plates of desserts to bring back to our cabin. I'll have to steal one of those carts the room service people use just to haul it back down to deck 3.......wonder how much would actually amke it to the room......might be dessert pirates on board! :)

Archived