Live from Crown Princess 9-21

richard k

No headphones means it's noisy around the pool area again?

On Sunday and Monday YES SIR....We just got off the Crown on Thursday, I am not a football fan, but my Hubby is, and it honestly was a lot of fun to be around the pool area. Brings lots of people together, and everyone was lots of fun..:)

We are in a regular balcony cabin and I wanted to bring wine on the ship. I was wondering if the mini fridge is large enough to hold a box of wine....I figured it would be easier to bring then bottles. Thanks.

Box wine? Blasphemy! But I think the fridge might be just a little too small even if you take out the shelving. Not worth the risk of not fitting - or you'll be drinking wine with ice for your whole trip.

I took on a bunch of bottles of champagne and just wrapped them a couple times in bubble wrap from walmart and threw them in my beach bag to carry on.

I have three bottle of wine in our ref. now. It was great fun watching Sunday night football outside but if you want you also can watch it in your room. Today in San Juan went to Bacardi . Their are three cruise ships in port today. had lunch at the international cafe today great food and very niece people working their.

Tuesday st thomas and wed grand turk and home.

Having a good time bye

HI-

Brenda and I are aboard and having a great time. Here's a couple of quick answers to some of the questions/comments I saw while scrolling through the other posts.

1- The seas have NOT been rough. The ship rocked and rolled a bit, but it's a SHIP, It's supposed to move. Yes, the seas were a bit rougher the first day or so but that's because we were in the atlantic ocean, not the caribbean. If you've never cruised the atlantic before, it's just going to be rougher than the caribbean. Some of the mild roughness was also caused by winds. The first couple of days saw fairly constant winds of 20+ knots. According to the Voyager channel, the seas during the Atlantic portion of our journey were "Moderate", which they describe as up to 7.5 feet. Again, this is not rough seas, just a gentle rolling and swaying on the ship. Mostly it just makes it funny to watch everyone as they weave from side to side as they walk.

2-THe cruise director now is Omar Lugo, who came onboard starting with this cruise. His last ship was the Golden. I like hima lot. Very personable.

He's here for 8 weeks while John Lay takes a vacation. John disembarked in Puerto Rico and said he'd be back on the Crown after his vacation.

As reported, no more headphones in MUTS during the day. Loud, but the noise is really confined to that area. Don't want MUTS?....use one of the other pools and you'll never know it's there.

3-At about 6:30 or 7pm Monday while in port in San Juan, the ship had a power outage that affected the entire ship for about 5 minutes. Captain said all was well after that, but it took about an hour for us to get A/C blowing again in our cabin. Minor inconvenience.

My Mini review so far??? Great ship, a few new ship kinks to still work out, but all in all a very nice experience. As a first time Princess cruiser, I'd rate it at least comparable to the RC Voyager class ships, with some things I like better and some things I prefer on RC. We do like Princess enough that we've already booked another cruise (Tahiti) while onboard.

I'll report more when I return. Gotta go now, they just put out a load of fresh, hot pastries at the International Cafe, which is about 10 feet away. Yummmm. :D

Ask questions if you've got any, I'll check back in tomorrow morning and try to post some answers.

Hi Folks – I am new to the boards and don’t know what roll call is. Can you help? We are on the Crown Princess Oct 27 2006 cruise and glad to hear the good things so far. We are seniors and first time on Princess. Our favorite so far is Carnival.

Thanks for the review. We are going on the 30th so hurray back:D

Just a quick question. Do you or if you can find out does the spa have any discount days on products. A friend of mine gave me a list of products to pick up for her. They are a little pricey:eek:

Thanks again and am glad you are having a great time:D

Box wine? Blasphemy!

Nonsense. When I sent on Norwegian Spirit last year I knew they are very strict about bringing your own alcohol. They xray the checked luggage and if they find bottles they hold your luggage and send you a note to report to pick it up where they have you open the luggage in front of them and hold the bottles til the end of the cruise. So it was suggested on the boards to take a wine box since it will be under the radar so to speak. So I went to my local liquor store and found a fine Australian cabernet sauvignon (vintage) and a reasonable price. I took red because it wouldn't need refrigeration. The wine was very good, indeed and stayed fresh thanks to the collapsable bag the wine stays in which keeps air from getting in.

I acquired a new respect for the wine box and would gladly do it again.

Hi Folks – I am new to the boards and don’t know what roll call is. Can you help? We are on the Crown Princess Oct 27 2006 cruise and glad to hear the good things so far. We are seniors and first time on Princess. Our favorite so far is Carnival.

Hi VandL,

I am also on the Oct sailing. Here is the link to our roll call. We have a very large group of fun people. Please click the link and join us. us.http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=235824

Talk to you soon.

Hi VandL,

I am also on the Oct sailing. Here is the link to our roll call. We have a very large group of fun people. Please click the link and join us. us.http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=235824

Talk to you soon.

Thank you very much to the people currently onboard for the excellent information they are providing. My wife and I will be sailing on October 9th. Can anybody on board provide information regarding the all day passes in Bermuda for all ferries and busses. I've seen information that the pass costs $13 and is good all day. This seems like it may be a better idea that booking through Princess both price wise and freedom to do whatever you want for as long as you want. Any information will be appreciated.

Thank you very much to the people currently onboard for the excellent information they are providing. My wife and I will be sailing on October 9th. Can anybody on board provide information regarding the all day passes in Bermuda for all ferries and busses. I've seen information that the pass costs $13 and is good all day. This seems like it may be a better idea that booking through Princess both price wise and freedom to do whatever you want for as long as you want. Any information will be appreciated.

We were on the 8/25 sailing of the Crown, bought the all day passes and really enjoyed this. There will be a stand to the right of the ship as you exit the gangway that sells the passes and also individual tokens. We then stepped on to the ferry to Hamilton, which was docked right next to the Crown, and had a lovely trip across the harbor to Hamilton. We then walked about a block up to the main bus station (anyone will give you directions) and caught bus 7 which goes out to the southern beaches. After a visit to Horseshoe Bay, we caught another #7 bus for our return to the Dockyard, where we had a great lunch at the Frog&Onion and shopped before returning to the ship. You can find a link to the schedules over on the Bermuda Port of Call message board, but special buses were added on the day we were there to accomodate the crowds (I'm not sure about the ferries.) Anyway, it's a great idea -- reasonably priced and you can see Bermuda at your own pace.

I spoke to Sarge at the pool yesterday. He'll be on the Crown for the first couple of days of the next cruise (starting 9/30) and then he'll get off for a few days and return at the start of the following cruise. That was all he could remember of his immediate schedule.

Best "secret" place on the ship??? Adagio's, which is the bar on deck 16 next to Sabatini's. Quiet, elegant, nice music, great drinks and several different kind of stuffed olives each day. We've been up there the last three evenings before dinner and love it.

We're on our way back to NYC with beautiful sunny skies and flat seas. Life is good! :D

why do you want to contact him? lol

i was a crewmember on the crown princess for 5 months and am just on holidays back home now... i am very good friends with cameron. did you want to me to relay a message to him?

i think i know who you are... you got off the same day i did, the 12th. email me... mwexler317atyahoo.com

Archived