09/08/06 Mercury:Alaska ......My story ( long )

bububr

You have me worried now Dave....how are ya feeling? Where are you?

My husband and I cruised on Daves Alaskian cruise.....meeting here on the message board before we left.. I have to tell you, he sure is a lot of fun. If you get the chance you just have to book a cruise that he is on. You are sure to have a great time!

Enjoyed the pictures Dave. Loved the one in your scuba suit.

Hugs to you......Your 'fans' and I hope to hear from you soon!

Amy

Dave,

We are close to booking the Mercury, CC room 1241 (the only one left on the deck with the larger balcony) and have a question. With the way the balcony is shaped, is it private? It is impossible to tell what is next to it - it looks like a pool area. I just hate feeling like I am on a stage everytime I walk onto my balcony.

Thanks!

Cabana Girl

Hi Cabana Girl...For what it's worth--just got off the Mercury, and while on the Sunrise Deck, one could look directly to the verandas below. I remember remarking to DH that I wouldn't care for a stateroom on the Sky Deck. Not private... Helen

I've just been crazy busy.

Cabana girl: the angled veranda does face the outside basketball area and ping pong tables if you walk out to the front of it. I found this out by mistake as I had walked out in my "scooby-doos" ( silk boxers with the cartoon on them ) only to look over and see a mid aged couple glaring at me.......At that point I stopped the 'guy' scratching thing, smiled, said good morning and went back into the cabin and pulled the blankets over my head.:D

So if you dont go all the way to the left and forward its pretty private.....with the exception that if you go up onto deck 14 you can look down onto half of the balconies.....The 'extra' part that you don't get on the penthouse deck.

Either way we prefer the larger balconies, and I'm not all that bashful, it was the element of surprise that got me.

Anymore ??? please just feel free to ask, and I'll have the final chapter soon!!!

Dave:eek:

HI Dave - you are going to think I am a stalker on these boards, but here's another question. We are booked in 1237 (SS) and 1241 (your CC). Are the balconies private from eachother? Do you happen to know what the privacy level is with the neighbors on the other side of 1237? I have no problem with people looking DOWN on the balcony - nothing funky going on that week with 4 kids in the connecting stateroom!!

Also, could you hear your neighbors in the connecting cabin?

To the right of us...I couldn't tell who or what they were doing.....

On our last cruise I felt there was no one there at all.

Didn't hear converstion or doors or anything...

Total privacy from us. Unless we were to hang over the railing and stretch to the right...you couldn't see into their balcony at all.

As for your question..I don't feel you're any kind of a stalker at all...just someone looking for info:) .

Its a great cabin in my opinion, and I'm sure you will enjoy it to the 9's.

Dave:eek:

Archived