Question about climate/temperature...

sunny70

We will be on the Fantasy Nov. 19 Carnival Cruise out of New Orleans. We will be cruising to Costa Maya and Cozumel.

I'm really confused as to what climate clothes to pack. Will it be warm enough for shorts and t shirts for hanging out? What will the nights be like (I'm sure cool, but how cool is cool) and outside on the ship on days at sea? Will it be warm enough to lay on the deck by the pool in a bathing suit?

This is my very first cruise and I don't want to pack 2 seasons worth of clothes, so I thought I'd ask here. Thanks!

Melanie

Looking at average temps for that time of year, you can expect temps from the mid 70's to the high 80's. But, as with any weather prediction, that can go up or down.

I know I'm completely comfortable in shorts with those temps, some may find it cool (surprisingly). What I would do, if I were you, would be to wait and check a couple of days before departure, to get a closer prediction. Depending on where you are travelling from would also have an impact on your choices. If a person were coming from the freezing tundra, it would be hot, hot, hot. But some from a more moderate climate would think it to be too cool for shorts.

Here is a link to Cozumel:

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/MMCZ/1972/11/15/PlannerHistory.html?dayend=30&monthend=11&yearend=1972&req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

Thanks!

I think we'll be fine at the ports - sounds like perfect beach weather!

I'm still curious as to how it might feel on the ship when we are traveling. We have 2 full days at sea, so I want to be prepared for that too.

Melanie

It will be hot in Mexico and your days at sea should be hot also considering the ocean temps in the Gulf and the Caribbean will still be around 80 degrees. Plus, you'll get the sun threefold; directly, off the reflection of the boat, and off the reflection of the water.

Pack a poncho or something similar that you can carry in ports, because rain that time of year is common. Also, on the last night of the cruise keep out a pair of long pants and maybe a windbreaker for your bag that you'll carry off because it could be very cool when you return to NO. We sailed out of Galveston last Feb 11, and visited both ports plus one. It poured in Cozumel (walking in ankle-deep water). Ron Jon's sold out of their ponchos. When we got back to Galveston 2/18. it was around 50 degrees and raining (on the Galveston Mardi Gras Parade).

Archived