Need help with Belize

THERAPYCRUISE

Sounds great!

We'll be on the Grand Thanksgiving week and Belize

Had knee surgery 5 weeks ago and am back at work.

Hate to miss the tubing, but the walk sounds iffy. The DW doesn't like deep water at all - any comments?

Patj

I booked an excursion with Shore Trips and it said to make sure you are on their time and NOT ship time. Ship says it arrives at 7 am (ship time?). Tour is scheduled for 9 am Belize time. Will I be on time for this tour?? Going over Thanksgiving week.

The reason we always advise that you stay on Ship time is because when that puppy says it will be sailing at 5PM...it means it will be sailing at 5PM Ship time...regardless of what the port's time is. And since our main goal is always to be back on the ship before the ship sails....Ship Time is all I worry about.

If you are going on the Miracle...the ship stays on eastern time the entire cruise. I would email Shore Trips back and ask them what time this port uses.

Have a great cruise.

I understand the ship's point of view of being on their time for departure. My concern is the time we arrive if I will be on time for my excursion. I guess I would be since Belize is I guess two hours behind Florida time. So if the ship arrives at 7 (ship time - Eastern time), then it is 5 am in Belize and even if it arrives at 7 Belize time my tour is at 9, so I am safe. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

The snorkeling at Tabyana Beach in Roatan is my favorite. It has a great reef, you don't have to go out into really deep water, and the coral and fish are amazing. It would be a good place for a beginning snorkeler and you. I've snorkeled all over the eastern and western Caribbean and this is one of the best ever.

In Belize we went on the reef and shark/ray boat tour and out to Caye Caulker. It was fun, but the snorkeling and reef were better in Belize... and no long boat ride.

We did both a snorkel trip and a scuba trip here last Christmas. We stayed at San Pedro and the trip out was about 12 minutes. You are not near land, but the water is really shallow in spots. We were all standing at one point. This is an excellent trip for kids, the currents are not bad and the water is shallow enough to see things up close. Nurse sharks, huge turtles, lobster, eels, sting rays, eagle rays, boy the list goes on and on. Our 10 year old son loves to snorkel and this would be a great place for beginners or advanced snorkelers. We all loved it.

Archived