Lax need long term parking advice

chefajax

I have used long term parking at LAX in the past. I think the price is about

$10/day now, for the cheapest lot. The shuttles start early as I have caught 7AM flights out of LAX. I have not had any problems with security of the car.

I live about 3 hours north of LA. I have started renting a car from Avis at our local airport and turning it in at LAX. ON the return trip I rent at LAX and turn the car in at our local airport. This is cheaper than flying to LAX from our local airport and cheaper than an Airbus and allows me to set my own time schedule. If I have an early flight I pick the car up the day before, load it and all we have to do is get up and drive to LAX. Even though I only use the car for a few hours the price is for a 24 hour period. I have had costs from $30, near Christmas, to $60 for the rental. AVis has never charged me a drop-off fee. This also allows me to leave my car at home as my wife will drive me to the Avis to pick up and return the car. So the two of us cost about $25 a piece, on average, for the 3-4 hour trip to LAX.

I use Lot B on a regular basis and I have been there as early as 4 AM and as late as 2:30 AM (last Sunday) and the buses were running. You should have no problem with getting there and catching a bus. However, at 5 AM the airport workers are catching the bus so it can be a little cramped on the bus. The cost at lot B is $8 a day.

We have also switched from parking at LAX to renting a car in San Diego and driving it up to LAX. When we last did this in February there was no one way drop off fees with Avis. Avis has several offices throughout San Diego county so you don't have to go to the San Diego airport. Cost is about $80-90 each way (including all fees and filling the tank back up before dropping the car off). The Avis lot is right next to Lot C, and is within walking distance of several hotels if you need to spend the night before your early flight. Avis buses have always been efficient. Depending upon how long leave your car you might pay a little more to rent, but you don't have to worry about damage to your car. Also, my experience is that if you use any outdoor parking lot at LAX you will need to wash your car when you get back so factor that into your estimate.

• 2 weeks later...

We took a very long trip, and left our car at WallyPark in LA. I'm a little protective of my vehicle, and wanted a good, safe, place for it. I was thrilled with their service and protection of the vehicles. A little more expensive than most, but well worth it. They have continual shuttle service to all terminals.

Check them out and don't forget to register and print the coupon available!

http://www.wallypark.com/LAX/laxLanding.html

Archived