OK, I'm having a hard time lately.....

Pop Tart

Not sure if it's stress or what, but I'm just having a really hard time keeping at the healthy eating. Exercise is non-existent right now.

I've had a chronic, painful condition for such a long time that I think it's just getting to me, and I'm like a roller coaster of good and bad choices.

I know that many, many others have their own issues and struggle daily.

How do you motivate yourself to be consistent? It seems that the bad habits cancel out the new good ones!! So very frustrating!:(

Pop Tart....it's definitely a daily battle...sometimes an hourly one !! and what motivates one may not motivate someone else....keep reading these boards....keep writing in your journal...what you eat, when, how much water, how much exercise....it's all about getting in touch with yourself...no easy answers..if you're condiiton is chronic, it isn't going away anytime soon...so somehow you have to incorporate it into what you want your life to be....big hugs to you...I hope things fall into place for ya...

Poptart, Iknow it gets hard ,I have my days where i am just thinking I don't want to do this anymore. I snap back into reality and realize how hard I have worked for how much I have lost.Try to challenge yourself with a new workout, this works for me especially if its something hard, I have to conquer it. Then the clothes it is so nice to put on something and have it be too big. These are motivating for me. These boards have also helped me alot. We all have those days and if you eat something you shouldn't or skip a workout thats ok. There is always tommmorow. Keep trying you can do it.

I think you have to forgive yourself for the lapses & move on. If you ate too much for dinner last night, there's nothing you can do about it except MOVE ON. If you skipped working out yesterday, there's nothing you can do except MOVE ON!

Seriously - look forward, not back. ME, I'm having a real hard time with portion control at dinner & sometimes snacking after - the rest of the day's eating is pretty good for me. My point - I don't let THAT issue interfere with my next workout, or next meal, or what else is working for me. I don't "give myself permission" to NOT work out "because I already screwed up the eating, so what's the point of working out?"

At least I know that by working out about 5x per week, I am at least "holding my own" & not spiraling back upward on the scale. The "failure" for me, is not in falling off the horse, it's in not getting back on & trying again.

If you make a bad choice, don't wallow in it. Don't even tell yourself, "I'll do better tomorrow". If you decide to wait til tomorrow to start making better choices, you've given yourself pernmission to make bad choices for the rest of TODAY!

I know first hand this is so easy to SAY and so hard to LIVE. But I have to at least STRIVE for this each day, or I know all will be lost for me.

Sha

Archived