Majesty left Bermuda early this week. Sould I expect any reimbursement?

Writeratsea

Bubbletoes, I totally agree with your post..and geesh !!! some folks get carried away just reading their own scenerio of "between the lines" don't they now?.

My mom took that same tour of the Bridge as you and the Hubby and was equally as fasinated with the whole experience. I , actually won that prize giveaway Basket which included the map from the bridge of the sailing course from Boston to Bermuda . Signed and dated by the Captain . Also included were a few photos of the before and after extention of the Majesty. Love it. Anyway ,you just can't control Mommy Nature and all her glory...She's the boss.. after all.:rolleyes: My group were new at this..therefore never thought one way or other of a re-embursement...But...did get the $7.00 credit and had no idea what it was for. Funny, how simple questions cause major debates. My head is spinning.:eek:

Weary...Wifey is a lucky gal..Breakfast in bed every morning and GMA..Boy, this sure is hard to come by...That's what I call Vacation...Hope you guys had a wonderful Anniversary...You folks deserve it. Now , back to reality..Right!!!

Well wishes to all.....Deb:)

Quick question - if you don't use the Dine Ashore by the time the ship leaves the island, do you still have to pay for it, or will they refund the money? We want to do it, but with the baby along we're not sure how our scheduling will work, and if we have to know when we get to Bermuda whether we will or won't, we'll probably just turn the tickets back.

You do need to turn in the vouchers or you will be charged. I think you need to turn them back in by 6 PM on Friday, so not while you are still in Bermuda

actually happened to me.. and they took them at sea on friday... but the desk told me they were actually "being nice" to me because on the voucher it says "if not used to be turned in prior to departure from Bermuda"... they accepted only cause we left early... No offense taken Cecilia.. been here long enuff not to get ruffled.. the point made by bubbletoes is well taken (diff between writer and reader).. Deb! you won the basket????????? that's like me tellin i know someone who hit the Lottery..lol good afternoon to all...

Weary

If you want updated weather reports, why didn't you tune in the Bridge channel on your TV? Ship newsletters are printed the day before, and delivered to your cabin the night before. I doubt any ship will print updated weather reports on the ship's newletters, since they are written and printed more than 24 hours in advance. Wouldn't you prefer the Captain of a ship to make decisions about the ship's movement based on weather reports the day it must be made rather than the day before?

2 points:

1. I am really not sure they print these 24 hours in advance as Friday's newsletter was done for a day at sea when it was scheduled for a half day in Bermuda.

2.I actually logged onto the internet and checked the weather and I am not sure how I would have known that if the winds got over 20 they would not let the ship leave. This is the kind of information that would have been nice... really the weather was great except the wind on the last day. Just asking for this sort of info.

Just came upon my "stuff" from our May cruise on the Majesty. It says if you do not wish to participate in the Dine A Shore program you need to turn the vouchers in to reception desk prior to 6 PM on the day we sail from Bermuda.

Thanks everybody - good to know.

Writeratsea and I sacrificed about 45 minutes on the island Tuesday at noon for a very exciting and informational Bridge Tour. Available only on docked days to the first 20 people to show up to stairtower A forward on deck 7. The instrumentation was fun to look at and you wouldn't believe the tiny joystick that steers that hulking ship unless you saw it with your own eyes.

When did they start giving bridge tours again? I know in 2004 on the Dawn they weren't giving them due to 9/11 related security.

When did they start giving bridge tours again? I know in 2004 on the Dawn they weren't giving them due to 9/11 related security.

I had started another thread about the bridge tour on the Majesty. Someone (foursum) posted that last April that they attended one on the Wind. I was very surprised that the tour was offered. Perhaps now that 9/11 has occured 5 years ago and new security measures are in place, we will see a resumption of the bridge tours. It may be the latest tour on the Majesty is only a test run or could be the start of a weekly attraction. I hope so as the bridge and all its related equipment was very interesting. It would be nice if other people also had the opportunity to experience this tour.:)

We just returned from the 9/24 Boston to Bermuda run on the Majesty. We were fortunate that we didn't have to miss any days there, but did have an hour or so delay leaving Boston (late arriving passengers), a 3 hour delay arriving in Bermuda (above delay + strong currents, rough seas), and a medical emergency on Friday shortly after sailing which required turning around and heading back toward St. George's to meet a tugboat which would take the patient ashore. In each of these instances the Captain made an announcement informing us of the "happenings." We were pleased that he did so, as it cuts down on rumors and suppositions among the passengers. I only wish that we had heard from him more. When we took the Majesty's repo cruise this past April, the Captain made an announcement everyday at noon, I believe, with the sea conditions, location, temperature, arrival times and so forth.

The Majesty does not have the same bridge cam channel that is available on the Dawn. On the Dawn we always knew the temperature, sea conditions, current location, # of miles sailed etc. This information was not given in the Freestyle Daily either, so we never really knew where we were on this trip, whether or not to pop another bonine, how to dress for the day etc. It would have been helpful to us, and I'm sure others as well, to have this information provided in some way. We made mention of this on our comment card.

We had beautiful weather in Bermuda this trip. :) Since our daughter and her family were staying on the island while we were there, we didn't spend a lot of time on the ship during the day. I will say that the food was a bit disappointing this trip. :( In April we often grabbed a quick breakfast or lunch at the buffet during port days. I couldn't do that this trip, not if I was pressed for time. Sorry folks, but the scrambled eggs were awful, and I'm not fussy. Lots of others must have felt the same way, because the line for fried eggs and omelets was always way too long when we were there.

My favorite restaurant dinner, leg of lamb, was also missing from the menu this trip. :mad: They did have lamb kabobs one night though. We always managed to find something to eat, but it just wasn't as good this trip for whatever reason.

Staff as wonderful as ever, shows just OK. We loved the crew talent show and one of the singers in the passenger talent show was phenominal.

We'd do this trip again for price, itinerary, and convenience. Leaving from Boston is perfect for us.

We just returned from the 9/24 Boston to Bermuda run on the Majesty. We were fortunate that we didn't have to miss any days there, but did have an hour or so delay leaving Boston (late arriving passengers), a 3 hour delay arriving in Bermuda (above delay + strong currents, rough seas), and a medical emergency on Friday shortly after sailing which required turning around and heading back toward St. George's to meet a tugboat which would take the patient ashore. In each of these instances the Captain made an announcement informing us of the "happenings." We were pleased that he did so, as it cuts down on rumors and suppositions among the passengers. I only wish that we had heard from him more. When we took the Majesty's repo cruise this past April, the Captain made an announcement everyday at noon, I believe, with the sea conditions, location, temperature, arrival times and so forth.

The Majesty does not have the same bridge cam channel that is available on the Dawn. On the Dawn we always knew the temperature, sea conditions, current location, # of miles sailed etc. This information was not given in the Freestyle Daily either, so we never really knew where we were on this trip, whether or not to pop another bonine, how to dress for the day etc. It would have been helpful to us, and I'm sure others as well, to have this information provided in some way. We made mention of this on our comment card.

We had beautiful weather in Bermuda this trip. :) Since our daughter and her family were staying on the island while we were there, we didn't spend a lot of time on the ship during the day. I will say that the food was a bit disappointing this trip. :( In April we often grabbed a quick breakfast or lunch at the buffet during port days. I couldn't do that this trip, not if I was pressed for time. Sorry folks, but the scrambled eggs were awful, and I'm not fussy. Lots of others must have felt the same way, because the line for fried eggs and omelets was always way too long when we were there.

My favorite restaurant dinner, leg of lamb, was also missing from the menu this trip. :mad: They did have lamb kabobs one night though. We always managed to find something to eat, but it just wasn't as good this trip for whatever reason.

Staff as wonderful as ever, shows just OK. We loved the crew talent show and one of the singers in the passenger talent show was phenominal.

We'd do this trip again for price, itinerary, and convenience. Leaving from Boston is perfect for us.

Gee everytime you get on the Majesty there is a medical emergency. Any correlation? I don't think any cruise will match the number of seperate medical emergencies we had on that Repro cruise this past spring. Not very often they have three deaths on the same cruise plus four other medical emergencies. And the food was excellent and no virusis

You're too funny Charlie! After the first medical emergency the first night, I said to Ron " I hope we don't have a repeat performance of our April trip." :eek: Then on Wednesday, while we were having dinner on the terrace of the Carriage house, an ambulance pulled up to the ship. I thought that was #2 but later learned I had missed one in between. Then of course we had the poor guy that we had to return to St. George's for. Ron, who observed the evacuation from Deck 7, thought it may have been a broken femur. We never heard any Alpha calls this trip, fortunately. :) It seemed to be "the ship of falls" this trip ~ no pun intended. :D

We had a great time, but it didn't even compare to the 16 day in April. :(

Wish I could do that cruise all over again. ;)

Archived