what is the best excursion for Grand Cayman?

THERAPYCRUISE

It is just a 15-20 minute taxi ride to and from the Grand Caymanian Resort where the excursion takes off from. And you have full use of the facilities at the resort, pool, showers, bathrooms, bar, restaurant. They said it should cost $5 each way! Not bad! since we are only in port from 9a-2p we are on a limited schedule so this is a perfect excursion for us. check it out!

It is just a 15-20 minute taxi ride to and from the Grand Caymanian Resort where the excursion takes off from. And you have full use of the facilities at the resort, pool, showers, bathrooms, bar, restaurant. They said it should cost $5 each way! Not bad! since we are only in port from 9a-2p we are on a limited schedule so this is a perfect excursion for us. check it out!

Hey Muffy let me know how you guys end up liking the waverunner tour when you get back. We aren't leaving until the end of October, so I'm curious to get your opinion on it

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, had replied the other day to your posted question about Belize, so I'm aware about the background of your upcoming cruise. There's SO much to choose from in Grand Cayman that I know you'll make a selection that will appeal to all in your family. I just want to suggest that you avoid the Turtle Farm experience completely, and go with something else during that day. Everyone is in awe at all these wonderful creatures, and having the pictures made while holding one... then someone innocently asks a guide what happens to most of these turtles. Some of the answers are a bit shocking, and you'll have some younger kids with you who probably don't need to deal with that now. Again, it's just my personal opinion. Have a great shore excursion, whatever you choose!!

I would definetly recommend stingray city. This was a our second time doing this tour and it's so much fun. They are very tame and will not harm you in any way. You get to swim with them, hold them, and feed them. You also get to do some snorkeling where you could see a shark or an eel and tons of fish. Don't book the tour on the ship b/c it's alot more than off the ship.

Hi, had replied the other day to your posted question about Belize, so I'm aware about the background of your upcoming cruise. There's SO much to choose from in Grand Cayman that I know you'll make a selection that will appeal to all in your family. I just want to suggest that you avoid the Turtle Farm experience completely, and go with something else during that day. Everyone is in awe at all these wonderful creatures, and having the pictures made while holding one... then someone innocently asks a guide what happens to most of these turtles. Some of the answers are a bit shocking, and you'll have some younger kids with you who probably don't need to deal with that now. Again, it's just my personal opinion. Have a great shore excursion, whatever you choose!!

Thank you for being so considerate. I will take your advice. I think we will do the waverunners and maybe 7 mile beach. Thanks again for caring.

I too would recommend against the turtle farm. We did this tour a few years back when my kids were 3 & 5. They thought the turtles were the coolest thing and the entire place was quite interesting... but when they explained what the turtles are used for... my kids were pretty upset. It's basically the same as a cattle farm here in the states. Turtle is on all the menu's there.

Stingray city is awesome and we've done it twice (once with the kids on a different trip) I'd recommend it.

Make sure that whatever tour you take goes by the little place named "Hell". The landscape there is SO different from the beach areas and sending postcards from the small post office there is a trip! Mail sent out from there REALLY is postmarked from "Hell"!!!!

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to let people to know how great the wave runner tour was. :D We booked through grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com. This was the highlight if my trip and that is saying alot as we had the best trip ever. The whole excursion was about 2 1/2hrs of pure fun. We had 2 guides that were awesome. Anyone looking to do this, should, you will not be dissapointed, but bring goggles as you will get alot of salt water in your face frome driving. That is the only thing I wished I would have brought.:D

Archived