Quick Florida Quiestion

jbmanuel

:) Hi there....I have been on two cruises with Carnival. Sailing on the Triumph and the Victory (sister ships, hurricane season...LONG STORY lol)

I am a little confused as to where the ships set sail from....the different ports in Florida.I don't want to book airfare and end up 3 hours from where I thought I needed to be.I could go to a travel agent...but I think half the fun is the thrill of the hunt...I just haven't hunted alone before:eek:

I am trying to book a Newyears cruise for Husband and Son as a surprise Christmas gift.He is the one that knows all this stuff. But I can't ask him without giving it all away..and I have to book soon.

Thanks for any comments and information that anyone can provide...

And for anyone with cruises coming up....Happy sailings

:) Hi there....I have been on two cruises with Carnival. Sailing on the Triumph and the Victory (sister ships, hurricane season...LONG STORY lol)

I am a little confused as to where the ships set sail from....the different ports in Florida.I don't want to book airfare and end up 3 hours from where I thought I needed to be.I could go to a travel agent...but I think half the fun is the thrill of the hunt...I just haven't hunted alone before:eek:

I am trying to book a Newyears cruise for Husband and Son as a surprise Christmas gift.He is the one that knows all this stuff. But I can't ask him without giving it all away..and I have to book soon.

Thanks for any comments and information that anyone can provide...

And for anyone with cruises coming up....Happy sailings

I didn't want a long haul from the airport to the ship either so we chose Fort Lauderdale.

Most ships will sail from Miami; Ft. Lauderdale is a close second, followed by Tampa, Port Canaveral and Jacksonville. In order to tell you from which port your ship may be sailing, we would have to know the name of the ship and the sailing date.

I am a little confused as to where the ships set sail from....the different ports in Florida.I don't want to book airfare and end up 3 hours from where I thought I needed to be.

None of the five Florida ports of embarkation (Jacksonville (least used), Port Canaveral (more often used - home port for Disney), Tampa (popular for western Caribbean cruises), Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale (primary port for Princess's Caribbean sailings but used by other lines as well) and Miami (most active cruise port in the world) are no more than 45 minutes away from the nearest international airport. Port Canaveral is the greatest distance. It is served by Orlando International Airport (MCO). Port Everglades nearly abuts Fort Lauderdale International Airport (FLL).

As a Florida resident, we welcome you and your family. Be assured that we are a very tourist-friendly state and our convenient infrastructure is designed, in large part, to meet the needs of the millions of visitors who come to the Sunshine State each year.

For more detailed information, try loging on to the websites of, or call, the cruise lines you are interested in or the tourist bureaus (sp?) of the ports you might sail from.

Bon voyage.

John & Rhona:)

• 2 weeks later...
None of the five Florida ports of embarkation (Jacksonville (least used), Port Canaveral (more often used - home port for Disney), Tampa (popular for western Caribbean cruises), Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale (primary port for Princess's Caribbean sailings but used by other lines as well) and Miami (most active cruise port in the world) are no more than 45 minutes away from the nearest international airport. Port Canaveral is the greatest distance. It is served by Orlando International Airport (MCO). Port Everglades nearly abuts Fort Lauderdale International Airport (FLL).

As a Florida resident, we welcome you and your family. Be assured that we are a very tourist-friendly state and our convenient infrastructure is designed, in large part, to meet the needs of the millions of visitors who come to the Sunshine State each year.

For more detailed information, try loging on to the websites of, or call, the cruise lines you are interested in or the tourist bureaus (sp?) of the ports you might sail from.

Bon voyage.

John & Rhona:)

Thanks for the Warm welcome and the wealth of information...still trying to decide what to do.....I know I know...that clock is ticking:eek:

Port Everglades is not primarily for Princess - Holland America sails all their East Florida ships from there. There are some websites that you can access the ships schedules by the port of embarcation. That will give you an idea.

Port Everglades/Ft. Lauderdale Airport is the closest together, followed by Miami.

Archived