Nordic Trak

bananavan

My DH and I are taking a b2b, 29 day trip in September on the Summit.

In preparation. we have purchased and used a Nordic Trak elliptor for the past 20 days.

I look better but the pound loss is negligible.

I am not eating any more than I did before, probably less.

I am menopausal so any time I do not gain weight in a given week, I feel pretty good about myself.

I have 10 pounds to lose (twenty if I wanted to look like I did in my thirties!)

Does anyone have any encouragement to keep me going here?

I am on the N T for 20 minutes a day, as soon as I get up.

Thanks for your support.

Wow! If you can already do 20 minutes on the nordic track then you're moving in the right direction! I bought an elliptical machine last September for use during the winter and the best I could do at first was 2 minutes. I did manage to get up to 40 before the weather broke and I was able to be outside but it took all winter!

Don't judge your progress by what the scale says because muscle weighs more than fat does but it also takes up alot less room. Judge by how your clothes are fitting and by how toned you're looking.

Have fun in September! It sounds like a blast.

Unfortunately the eliptical machines are not really good for weight loss. One ends up with a heart rate that is out of the target zone for weight loss (anaerobic). I had a trainer tell me they are great for shaping one's butt and for cardio vascular but not for weight loss.

Try using it at a slower speed and monitoring your heart rate. Also try walking as an alternative every other day. The rule of thumb is 30 mins in your targeted heart zone for weight loss burns the fat.

I agree with ILuvCruisin. I used to do the Nordic Track religiously. I had to do at least 45 mins a day OR 4.5 miles before I started seeing any results as far as weight loss goes. I got so tired of it....soooo boring! I bought the Walk Away the Pounds Super Fat Blaster DVD and it was heaven sent! It is a 48 minute 3 mile workout with hand weights and let me tell you, it works! I learned how to workout smarter, not harder. I did a lot of research on the net regarding cardio workouts. Good luck and keep us posted. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I am now five pounds lighter.

To be honest, the comment that the elliptor only firms up the butt and thighs absolutely cracked me up. I thought, OK, I am fine with that. :)

I was in Boston ten days ago helping my 27 year old daughter move from a third floor appartment to another third floor. The work out there was amazing.!!!!

Living in Florida, my whole existance is on the main floor with no basements. When I got home and back on the NT, I was grateful that I was not doing the wrokout carrying boxes. :D

Today the Maitre d' at our club asked me if I had lost weight, so I guess it is shaping me up at least.

The one thing that I believe has helped me a great deal is that I have broken my addiction to Diet Cola. I feel much better and certainly less bloated. I have replaced it with copious amounts of water. (Certainly a good idea for any dieter. )

Good luck to the rest of you

Evana

Archived