Coral Questions - Panama Canal 10 Day

OrlEngr

A couple of question for recent passengers of the Ft Lauderdale 10 day cruise?

What were your formal nights?

Does the ship support Wireless Internet Access ... I realize I will pay per minute ... but wondering if I can compose off-line and just pay for transmission?

Any recommendations of shore excursions?

We were on that cruise just this last Feb. and I cannot help you on the internet but I can tell you the formal night were the 2nd and the 8th nights.

Excursions: Because this is a partial transit and goes only through 1 lock (Gatun Lock) we decided to take the ocean to Ocean where they put you on a 200 passenger boat and you go through the other two locks. It was amazing to see the difference of going through the lock in a ship as big as the Coral and then a 200 passenger boat. We just loved it. Also many people on the cruise took the train ride and said had a great time. Other people took the Embara (sp) indian excursion and said that was enjoyable.

In Limon(Costa Rica we took the Tortuga Canal boats saw saw many animals, monkeys, sloths, many bird etc. We would do that again.

As for Nassau, Grand Caymand and Cozumel we did not take excursions.

If you go into the old message board and look at the ports of Call there under the Panama Canal and scan back from Nov. 03 thru April 04 you will find all sorts of info there. Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Archived