Dim Sum in Vancover

travel1

Two places that are close to Canada Place Pier are:

Imperial Chinese Restaurant - 355 Burrard Street (1 block) (604) 688-8191

Snow Garden Restaurant - 469 Richards Street (5 blocks) (604) 608-6898

Of course, there are other very good restaurants in Chinatown, but they are a longer distance from the pier.

Hopefully other cc Vancouverites will have some suggestions for you.

Try Victoria Chinese Restaurant in the Royal Centre at Burrard and Georgia (entrance is on Melville).

It's within easy walking distance of Canada Place. Imperial is closer, but is more about the view than the food.

One of our favorites is Pink Pearl, the address and phone number is below along with web site. It is a short taxi ride from both terminals. We have always done a brunch or lunch because we were told that is when there is the best selection. We have never been disapointed. Enjoy!

Pink Pearl Chinese Restaurant

1132 E. Hastings St., Vancouver V6A1S2

Tel: 253-4316 Fax: 253-8525

pinkpearl.com

I have to go with the Pink Pearl also. It is worth the short cab ride from the either Canada place or Ballentyne Pier.

Another one you may want to look at it is Sun Sui Wah on Main Street. This is a fair distance from downtown but the Dim Sum is to good to be true.

With all due respect to those suggesting the 'close to' downtown Chinese restaurants...I have always found them to be overpriced

with small portions. But that's just me!:D

But you can't go wrong with the Pink Pearl on Hastings Street.

Tom:)

I have to go with the Pink Pearl also. It is worth the short cab ride from the either Canada place or Ballentyne Pier.

Another one you may want to look at it is Sun Sui Wah on Main Street. This is a fair distance from downtown but the Dim Sum is to good to be true.

With all due respect to those suggesting the 'close to' downtown Chinese restaurants...I have always found them to be overpriced

with small portions. But that's just me!:D

But you can't go wrong with the Pink Pearl on Hastings Street.

Tom:)

While generally true that the best Chinese restaurants are NOT in downtown Vancouver, the Victoria is a notable exception. It's very popular with Vancouver Chinese locals (me being one).

Another decent downtown restaurant is the Kirin (but not as good as the location in Richmond).

The Pink Pearl, while good, is somewhat inconsistent of late and has fallen off my family's "favourites" list for some time now. Overall, the best Chinese restaurants of all types is found in Richmond (south of Vancouver) or along Fraser Street in the 'burbs.

Archived